S I X • It's out

Adrien didn't know what to expect when he arrived at school that morning.

He had multiple of photo shoots the previous day and it left him drained, unable to do anything but collapse on his bed the minute he got home.

Didn't even get to see his princess.

Although he was passed out for all of the night, Adrien still felt lingering tiredness in his body and tried to rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

He didn't know what to expect at the front of the school.

Just not Lucas and Marinette holding hands.

Anything but that really.

He immediately froze on the spot as the limousine speeded away from the school. His fists clenched subconsciously as his mind ran wild with jealousy and territorial instincts. His feelings overwhelmed his thoughts of denying that he liked Marinette and he couldn't bring himself to care.

My princess.

His mind screamed over and over again possessively as he watched the couple reclaim their personal space, soothing his emotions a bit, and headed for class.

Adrien ground his teeth and hissed sharply. Honestly the rational part of his mind was reprimanding him for overreacting but Chat Noir couldn't bring himself to ponder on the accusations, wanting to stay in a foul mood. He quickly snapped out of it as a blur of yellow crashed into him, making him tilt off balance for a bit.

"Good morning Adrikins!" Chloe greeted loudly. As usual she tried to steal a kiss from him but he kindly shut her down, despite his earlier mood.

"Hey Chloe. Where's Sabrina?" Chloe scowled and huffed in annoyance.

"She called me this morning to tell me she was sick! Can you believe the nerve of her?!" Adrien winced at Chloe increase in volume and seethed through his teeth.

"The absolute nerve." Chloe beamed up at him and claimed his arm for herself, dragging a very moody Adrien all the way to class.

"-I don't know what that new kid sees in Marinette!-"

Actually I don't see what Marinette sees in Lucas. Adrien bitterly thought, a slight sneer playing across his lips. Of course, being her usual self, Chloe just continued talking as if she didn't notice how Adrien was acting at all.

To be honest, Adrien really wanted to calm down. He knew he was being downright nasty but he couldn't help it! His cat-like tendencies and qualities were running wild, triggering his territorial instincts. But Lucas was a nice guy and just because the two held hands didn't mean anything right?

Right?!

The duo arrived in class with everyone already present. His friends were all sitting in their respective seats, including the seat Lucas was assigned to behind Marinette yesterday. They were all immersed in a conversation and occasionally some of their other classmates would go up to Lucas's desk to get to know about him better. When they left, Marinette would smile proudly at him and ruffle his hair, causing Adrien's blood to boil and burn.

He still kept his ever growing jealousy under control though.

Adrien waved Chloe off at her offer to seat next to her today and went to sit in his usual spot next to Nino which of course had caused the other blonde stomp her foot in frustration.

Everyone greeted Adrien as sat himself down and Adrien gave them all a friendly smile, even Lucas.

Adrien was surprise none of the bitterness had contaminated his greeting for the new student.