E I G H T • Part Two

Marinette felt detached from reality as the ever growing silence continued to engulf her whole after Lucas and her just announced the shocking news.

She didn't really acknowledge Lucas grabbing her hand and leading her away from the eerily silent crowd to a secluded area behind the school where Lucas finally snapped her out of her stupor by hitting her lightly on the cheeks.

Her blue bell eyes warily wandered to capture Lucas's worried sky blue ones where she immediately hid her face in her sleeves and let out the most frustrated cry that was probably heard by the surprised crowd that they left behind but at that moment Marinette couldn't really find it in herself to care.

Lucas quickly wrapped Marinette in a warm hug and cooed comforting words while petting her hair.

Marinette knew she wasn't being fair to Lucas. He didn't want to do this anymore than she did and yet she still couldn't help but feel like she was letting out the pent up frustrations for both of them.

"Did you see the look on his face?" Lucas stilled for a moment, registering the implications of her question. He reasoned that they only revealed their predicament to stop unwanted affection but Lucas was concerned about Adrien and Marinette's relationship after this.

Lucas had seen how jealous Adrien was towards his actions towards Marinette and so he became more closer then needed to her in hopes that Adrien would finally break and admit his true feelings.

But look where they were now.

"Marinette we can just 'date' for a while and then break it off. We can say that we mistook feelings of a really good friend for a crush."

Marinette slowly nodded and reigned in her emotions before they got out of hand. Lifting her head up, she murmured a reply.

"That sounds plausible. Maybe we can pull it off."

Wanting to lift up her mood, Lucas suddenly spun Marinette around and confidently declared loudly.

"Oh course we can! Lucky and Bon Bon, the duo to get away with anything!" Ignoring Marinette's widened blue eyes, he shot her a coy smirk in hopes that she would play along and ease off the tension. She finally got the message and smirked back, swapping their roles around so this time Marinette was dipping Lucas, keeping him from falling with surprising strength and wiggled her eyebrows 'flirtatiously' resulting in Lucas trying to hold in his laughs and puffing out his cheeks in amusement.

"Oh my Lucky squire, it'll be like the good old days when I'd smuggle pastries for you when your mom wouldn't let you have anymore." Marinette drawled out flamboyantly, yanking Lucas back up to his original position.

Unfortunately that left an opening for him to begin his counterattack.

Lucas trapped Marinette in a headlock and began ruffling her hair even as she protested and desperately tried to get out of his headlock.

Grinning wildly while laughing, Lucas ceased wrecking Marinette's now more messy messy bun but still kept her in a headlock position. Marinette huffed and punched Lucas's waist playfully and glared at him through the blue stands of her hair falling in front of her face.

"Let me go you jerk."

"Not until you take back the squire statement. We both now that I'm a king." Lucas flipped his bangs away from his face dramatically and stared off into the distance with a wistful expression. He quickly snapped out of it when Marinette snorted.

"More like a drama queen."

"Whatever honey, I'm still royalty."

"I'll have you know that I'm the fucking princess you peasant."