F O U R T E E N • Green eye kitty rises again

Adrien sighed once he reached the steps of the school.

Ladybug had been an awful tease yesterday, more so than usual but that only made her more endearing to him and love her even more.

Remembering the events of yesterday brought a cringe to his face though.

He wanted to kick his own ass. How frequent was it when Ladybug had offered to listen to him talk about his about his feelings? Yeah that only happened in his wildest daydreams and even in those his Lady was still a mystery. When she stopped patrol because she noticed that he had his head in the clouds, he just wanted to hug her right then and there!

But no, he just had to ruin the heartwarming moment by being a punning idiot. Never in his life did he hate his tendency to pun until that moment.

Plagg being Plagg, took immense pleasure in his chosen's misfortunes and cackled his heart out, almost forgetting to nag Adrien about his camembert.

Almost, because Plagg was still a horrible glutton.

"Morning Adrien!" A cheerful voice piped up from behind him. First person that came to mind was Nino but in Adrien's weariness he didn't notice that the voice was much deeper and smoother than Nino's voice. He also didn't register the panicked feminine squeak from behind him.

So he turned around with a smile to greet "Nino" only to freeze up at the sight of Lucas walking up the stairs while waving at the blond with a smaller form following behind him. He guessed they were Marinette and was found correct as Lucas stopped in front of Adrien, towering slightly over him and Marinette peered from behind Lucas with an endearing flushed face, a friendly smile greeting Adrien.

Lucas apparently didn't notice Marinette hiding behind him since he rolled his eyes affectionately and pulled Marinette away from hiding to stand beside him.

Adrien unconsciously clenched his hands into fists and ground his teeth as Lucas precariously threw his arm around Marinette's shoulder, seeming to not have a care in the world and Marinette didn't seem all that bothered by his show of affection.

Can he just get his arm off of her?! He's ruining her delicate shoulders! Personal space buddy or I'll claw your arm off-

Adrien pinched the side of his thigh to get rid of his rather aggressive thoughts, smiling politely at the couple before him, albeit a bit too strained.

Nonetheless, Lucas didn't notice anything out of place though Adrien couldn't sworn Marinette had sent him a questioning look. But that was very unlikely, Adrien had perfected his poker face extremely well over the years of modelling and a disappointing  father.

"Morning Lucas, Marinette." Adrien finally greeted. The flush on Marinette's face grew and she looked away from the blond with a small 'morning' escaping from her.

Wait. Doesn't Marinette usually come late to school? He thought to himself as he took note of the time and Marinette's presence. Usually she'd be charging through the classroom door well after the bell had rung.

"You're pretty early today Marinette." He stated kindly and smiled at the flustered bluenette. Lucas snickered and rubbed Marinette's head causing her to pout cutely at his administrations and try to swot his hand away from her.

"You can not believe how hard it was to get this little lady out of bed. At one point she threw her phone at me!" Lucas admitted with a laugh. Even Adrien broke out in an amused smile. Although judging from the look on Marinette's mortified face, she was just about ready to strangle the life out of Lucas.

"Shut up Lucas! My parents probably warned you not to wake me up." She retorted grumpily.

Lucas snorted and flicked a strand of hair away from his face. "I'm a natural bad boy."