E L E V E N • The "lovebirds" and their stalkers 2/3

M A R I N E T T E

"Okay there's no way that has to be true!" Marinette managed to get out from her laughter as the boy in front of her grinned triumphantly at the outcome of telling his story.

"I'm serious! The girl was so obsessed with me, she ended up making an Instagram account based entirely on me and my dashing good looks." To further prove his point, he flicked his bangs away from his eyes, allowing his sky blue eyes to twinkle mischievously.

"That must've been a huge ego boost for you, Mr Popular." Marinette teased.

"Ugh you have no idea! I felt bad for her since I already rejected her countless of times but she just kept coming back. It's kinda admirable."

"That's the same thing Chloe does and so far, she hasn't done anything to receive my admiration." Marinette huffed and spooned another piece of her quiche into her mouth.

"Hmm, true. Oh by the way, did any guys approach you when I wasn't there?"

"Yeah but it was less than usual so I could handle it. What about you?"

"Same." She sighed in relief and the two continued to eat their meals in comfortable silence. While eating, she studied her friend curiously. To be quite frank, he changed quite a bit since they were children. His new undercut was a great contrast to his previous bangs that hid the whole of his forehead, if anybody compared his older self to his younger self they would've thought that he was going through a rebellious age and would warn others to stay away from him. Obviously he was taller than before, his growth spurt was like puberty on steroids because she used to be taller than him by a full head and now her height only reached to his broad shoulders. He also ditched the contacts from his youth to his current thickly rimmed black frames. Understandable since she could imagine the daily fear of putting things such as contacts into your eyes.

Overall, his physical appearance has changed a lot but he still retained his playful personality from his childhood despite every issue Marinette had remembered that he had to go through. Thinking about that again brought a very conflicted grimace to her face, torn between asking what happened after he moved or keeping her mouth shut.

Unfortunately for her, Lucas had a built in alarm whenever he sensed tension in the air. He took a quick glance at Marinette's conflicted expression and pursed his lips. This called for playful distractions.

"Hey what's up?" He asked as he poked the end of his spoon at her cheek, breaking her deep thoughts and stared at him in bewilderment beofre she averted her eyes from him, a clear sign that she wasn't over whatever she was thinking about.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." She finally said with a fake reassuring smile.

"Come on Bon bon, I'm your friend. You can tell me."

"It's okay nothing to get worked up over." She replied and put up her hand to cut him off when he was about to press the matter forward. Lucas knew that if he questioned her about it more she would've come clean sooner or later but didn't want to risk their good mood. Instead he nodded and took a huge bite of his sandwich, getting her to laugh again which he considered a small victory.

"You know my mum's really happy about us dating."

"She is?" He nodded in reply and continued.

"Yeah apparently she already had dibs on you as her future daughter-in-law the minute we came into your family's bakery." He smiled endearingly at Marinette as she choked on her coffee the second the words 'daughter-in-law' came out of his mouth. She coughed and thumped her chest as if that would help her meanwhile Lucas snorted at her self performed Heimlich maneuver. The bluenette finally caught her breath and stared at Lucas disbelieving.