P R O L U G U E

The sun was setting. The sunsets in the city of love were always beautiful but tonight it seems to glorify itself to accompany the current mood. The mood was electrifying between the two lovers as if no one else existed in the world except them. The sky was a variety of colours, from a blazing red to a cooling indigo. Combine the colours with the lights of the Eiffel Tower, you could say it was a scene taken from a best-selling romantic novel. Sighing against the love of his life, them cuddling on one of the platforms of the Eiffel Tower, he felt like it was the happiest moment of his life.

"Adrien."

A soft voice called him. Making a noise of affirmation, two beautiful blue bell eyes locked onto his own forest greens and she smiled the most dazzling smile ever, guaranteed to even bring blind men to tears.

"I love you."

Her pink, heart shaped lips leaned closer to his, just a breath away. Closer and closer, Adrien couldn't contain his frantic heartbeats. Her lips were so close now and yet so far-

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Adrien fell out of bed at the sound of his alarm, blaring obnoxiously with the morning rays. Blinking rapidly while trying to calm his pulse and breathing, he let out a long and frustrating moan that awoke a small black fuzz from the other side of his bed.

"Adrieeeeeeeen I need more sleep."

"You think I don't?" Retorted Adrien. Slowly getting up, he turned on his phone, hissing at the sudden brightness. His phone read 5:30 and so Adrien flopped back onto his bed which pushed the cat-like kwami off the bed. Adrien paid no attention to Plagg's undignified hisses and proceeded to nod off into sweet slumber.

A single piece of Camembert was thrown at Adrien's head.

All Adrien did was give an annoyed grunt at the even more annoyed kwami.

Plagg's eye twitched at the lack of response since it was only natural that cats thrived off attention.

"Adrien get up. My poor Camembert is contaminated now that I threw it."

"Well it's your own fault now isn't it?" Plagg only grumbled even more about 'Stupid chosens' and 'Not caring about my cheese'. Adrien chose to ignore him and tried to go back to sleep. To that one fantasy that included Mari-

Wait what?

"Marinette?!" As fast as a bullet, Adrien shot up on his bed, once again disturbing the kwami peacefully eating his cheese. Plagg gave Adrien the stink eye and floated over.

"What about Cookie gi-"

"I'M IN LOVE WITH LADYBUG!" Plagg's ears flattened upon his head at Adrien's sudden volume. This kid...

"I never said you weren't though I prefer not to hear you whine about Ladybug constantly." Adrien smashed his face with a pillow and groaned pitifully.

"I was having a wonderful dream! Then I woke up! Then I tried to go back to sleep and I thought of MARINETTE!" Adrien's cries were luckily muffled from his pillow since the whole mansion would've woken up at the sounds of his problems now.

"Oh so you finally noticed?" Adrien lifted his head from the pillow and cracked open one eye warily to see Plagg with the most smug, shit-eating grin ever.

"Noticed what?"

"That you like Cookie girl."

"WHAT?!"

"I called it from day one."

"Plagg-" Adrien made up a mental list of things that could counteract Plagg's accusation but came up with nothing so he blurted out.

"-You know I'm in love with Lady-"

"-bug yeah, yeah I know but you also like Cookie girl also known as your princess." Adrien spluttered out incoherent words words and waved his arms around. How cute they act like each other already.

"No! I do not have a crush on Marinette! End of story!" To that, Adrien ended the conversation by flopping on his pillow again while Plagg cackled at his denial.

"Denial's not just a river in Egypt!~" Adrien groaned again, trying hard to ignore the persistent kwami and go back to sleep. Eventually his eyes started to drop again and his last thoughts were still on Marinette.

I don't like her that way.

I don't

Fuck