Chapter 49

Chapter 49:

-Ali-

The next day, I walk to Starbucks, again, to get coffee. Well, if we're going to be honest here, I wanted to try and see Michael again, as well. He's really easy to talk too. Yesterday, Taylor, Ed, and Selena were all arguing about what they were doing. Sometimes, Taylor can overthink causing not so good things. And, I know how much she likes Ed. She's probably just worried about losing him.

Michael wasn't anywhere to be found, at least not on the way to Starbucks. I doubt I'll ever see him again, to be honest. Alisha still hasn't replied back to my texts which really stinks. But, she's busy doing stuff with her life.

I'm really proud of her and how far her YouTube caarer has come. I aspire to have a channel like hers. And, to be as dedicated to it like she is. I push open the heavy doors to Starbucks and look around.

Still no sign of Michael.

I order a Java Chip because nothing else sounds good. Luckily, I brought my earbuds along with my phone so I can listen to some music and sit outside. The barista calls my name so I get my drink and take it to a table outside. I plug in my phone and shuffle my music.

Nothing that good to listen too.

Taylor's fifth studio album is supposed to come out this fall but I'm not sure if she's ready for it. I know she'll release it because of her "every two year" thing that she does. I'm really excited for the album to come out. I've heard a little of it already and it's really, really good. Suddenly, I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder.

Then, I see the brown eyes and hair that have been permently stuck in my mind.

"Hey, Ali," Michael says with a smile. He had a coffee in his hand, as well. I take out my earbuds as he sits down. "Is it okay if I sit here?"

"Hi," I say. "And, yeah, it's fine by me."

He smiles making me to smile. It's like a chain reaction or something. "What grade are you going into?" he asks.

"Eighth."

Michael smiles, "Me too."

So, I was right about him being my age. We start talking about school and how I don't even know where I'm going for school. Taylor hasn't told me yet but I'll find out soon. Maybe we'll be in the same class. Who knows?

"I'm leaving tomorrow for camp for about a week," Michael says and my smiles drops. I was hoping we would be able to hang out more but I guess not. Not for another week, at least. "We should make plans to meet up when I get back, though," he says.

"Yeah! Do you want my number?" I blurt out and my eyes widen. Did I really just ask a boy if they wanted my number? Who am I turning into? Michael smiles with a nod. He gives me his phone and I type my number into it. "There ya go," I say.

"I better head back," Michael says. I nod in agreement. Taylor probably wants me back home now, as well. We say our goodbyes and go our different ways.

-Ed-

Taylor, Selena, and I are trying to do some more planning for Ali's surprise party. Her birthday is only a little more than a week away and there's still a lot to do. "I know she likes chocolate cake but also red velvet," Taylor says, clearly getting stressed out.

Ali could get home at any moment.

Selena says, "Red velvet is chocolate. Do red velvet with cream cheese frosting. She'll like that."

Taylor makes some notes in her notebook and we get to the next order of business; guests. Ali doesn't have any friends her own age here yet since school hasn't started. We put a few names on a list that might be able to come.

I volunteer to contact them later.

The door opens and Ali walks in with a smile on her face. What's that all about? Taylor smirks making Selena and I look at her questionly. "How's Michael?" Taylor asks and Ali immediately starts blushing.

"Michael? Whos's Michael?" I ask with my inner dad comes out. When no one says anything I ask, "You have a boyfriend!"

"No, Ed! He's just a friend that I might, like, yesterday," she says with her bright red cheeks. Taylor and Selena start to laugh at how protective I'm being but whatever.

Taylor smiles, "I think you and Selena should go to the mall together soon."

"Why?" Ali asks.

Selena shrugs, "Why not? I'm free and Taylor has a lot of music work to do."

Ali smiles and I look at Taylor knowing she wants them to go on her birthday so we have time to set up. At least that problem will be solved.

Now, there's just one more thing to take care of.

---

Hey guys!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!  I'm not sure if I'll update tomorrow because there's only one chapter left :(

But, don't worry, there's a surprise ;)

Thoughts of the chapter?

Thanks for reading!

xoxo