Chapter 41

Ali's POV:

I walk into the room where Taylor is and see starting to open her eyes.  I guess she was going to take a nap before she saw me walk into the room.  Carefully, I walk towards here bed, relieved to find out that she's okay.  Everything will be okay.  "How do you feel?" I ask softly.

"I'm fine, baby girl," Taylor says and sits up.  I know she's fine because if she wasn't, she wouldn't be able to sit up.  Well, I guess it all depends on whats wrong with you but you get what I mean.  She has enough strength to sit up, smile, and talk.  "Here, sit on the bed," she says so I do.

I lay down and cuddle with her which makes me feel like a little kid but safe.  And that's really important to me.  But, of course, nothing gold can stay.  Yes, I read the Outsiders and Robert Frost's poem.  In fact, that may be one of me favorite poems because of how true it really is.  Taylor's phone lights up and buzzes as someone calls her.  All the color drained out of her face and she looked at me.  Quickly, she hides the phone but I know something was wrong.  "Taylor, who was that?" I ask.

"No one important, baby," she says and starts to stroke my hair.  I pull away from her and grab her phone despite her protests.  

Calvin.

CALVIN?!

Why the heck is HE calling her?  Please telling me they aren't talking anymore because I don't know what I would do.  I put her phone down and quickly get off the bed.  "Ali, where are you going?" Taylor asks with a hint of sadness in her voice.  

I just continue to walk out of the room not wanting to speak to anyone.  One second I feel completely safe and the next I feel... scared.  Calvin could try to hurt me again.  What if he does?  What if I don't make it this time?  "Ali, I can't help that he called me," Taylor says trying to defend herself.  

Then, it hit me.  "Why isn't he BLOCKED?" I ask almost on the verge of tears.  I start to shake a little.

"Baby, I will right now," Taylor says and unlocks her phone.  I don't wait to see her do it because I walk out of the room before she finishes.  Selena and Ed look at me worried.  I just shake my head and wipe away a single tear.  I sit down with them not knowing what to do.

----

A/N:

Hey guys!  So, I apologize for the lack of posts.  I have been super busy since school started and I will continue to be super busy.  But, I had time to write today so I decided to post write and post today.  However, I don't know when the next time that'll happen.  I want to finish writing the whole book and then regularly updating it.  But they might even happen in the summer.  

I really don't know.

Thanks for reading!