Chapter 44

-Ali-

"Taylor?" I ask and walk into her room where she was with Ed.  "Can we watch a movie or something now?"

Ed says, "A movie?  How about we go somewhere?"

"Where?" Taylor and I ask at the same time.  We look at each other and start laughing.  We're still sisters, after all.  Even though she's like my mother now.  I still confused on what to address her as.  My mind starts to wander so much that I don't here whatever Ed said.  "Ali?"

"Hmm?" I ask and look at them.  They start laughing so I blush.

Ed says, "Follow me."

We go downstairs and he grabs the keys to his car.  Since we're in Nashville, we really don't have to worry about the guys with the cameras, as I like to put.  I mean, that's what they are and what they do.  In leads us to the car without another word.  Taylor and I just look at each other not knowing what to expect.  We drive for a few minutes when I see Taylor smile.

"LASER TAG?" I ask and my eyes widen.  I've only done it once with a few of my friends before I came to Nashville to live with Taylor.  It was a ton of fun and I'm sure doing it with them will be just as great.  Ed nods with a smiles and finds a close parking spot.  

Taylor asks, "How you ever gone laser tagging before?"

Honestly, it hurts a little bit that she doesn't know these things.  I still wish that Taylor had been there in my life for the last twelve years but she hasn't been.  Then that makes me think about why she wasn't ever home.

Touring.

How come she isn't touring now like she usually is?  Okay, yeah she's coming out with her fifth studio album soon but, she'll be touring then.  What will happen to me when she tours?  I doubt she'll take me along.  It would be pretty cool to tour and see different places but Taylor won't want to take care of me on tour.  "Are you spacing out on me again?" Taylor asks with a small smile.

I didn't even notice that they were outside of the car waiting for me to get out.  "Sorry," I say and start blushing since this isn't the first time it's happened tonight.

I'll just have to ask Taylor later about the touring thing.  But, for now, we need for focus on having fun!  Ed already called in advance so we could play as soon as we get there.  "Should we play all against each other since they have more than two colors?" Ed asks.

"Sounds good.  That way the teams aren't unfair," Taylor says with a smile.  I put on a competitive face and they laugh.  The workers tell us the rules and we put our gear on.  Once we enter the arena, we have ten seconds to hide.  Quickly, I hide far away from the entrance.  I just hope Taylor and Ed can't see me.  

The game begins and lets just say I they did really bad.  I ended up winning by a landslide but it didn't even faze me that I won.  It was so much fun!  I would've been just as happy if I had been in last place, like Ed.  "It isn't fair," Ed pouts.

"Girls are just better, sorry," Taylor says, trying not to laugh.  We all end up laughing the whole way to the car.  That was probably the most fun I've had since I've got to Nashville.  Well, at least since the whole 'incident' happened.  

Once we're home, Taylor tells us that there's ice cream in the freezer.  Being the little kid that Ed is, her races me to the freezer.  Taylor laughs at us as we start digging into the tubs of ice cream.  "Save me some!" she says.

"No promises," Ed says with a chuckle.

This is the life.

---

A/N:

Hey guys!

So, I'm pretty sure this is going to have only 50 chapters and then it'll be done.  Should I make this into a series?  I have a few ideas already if I were to do that...

Thanks for reading!  I cannot believe we're so close to 17.6k...

xoxo