Chapter 20

-Calvin-

Ed went through with the plan which is great. Now I have my true love. We may be friends but Taylor means so much more to me. Well, her money does. I felt something but all I need is her money. I have someone else I truly love. What will I do with Taylor? Well marry her and get her money. Steal it. No one will think it's me. Why? I'll be her husband! I'll act so sad and worried. Taylor will believe me and tell them that they are wrong.

That's the good thing with her - she's so nice. We didn't buy anything at the mall but are entering Starbucks. "Are you okay?" Taylor asks.

"Never been better," I lie and kiss her cheek while she parks. Once she parks she kisses me and we get out. Taylor thinks I love her more then the world. Poor, poor stupid girl. 

"What do you want?" Taylor asks.  I shrug and open the door for her.  Act like a gentleman?  Done! 

"A green ice tea," I say.  Taylor looks at me but doesn't say more.  I'll let her pay this one time.  Then it's my turn.  Hopefully by then I can ask her to marry me.  How long do I wait?  A year?  Less?  Depends on how much she loves me by then. 

Taylor orders and we wait for our drinks when a familiar red head comes over by us.  "Hi," he says. 

-Taylor-

"Ed!" I say and give him a hug.  We are best friends again so it's all good.  He doesn't look happy but miserable.

"Taylor, Calvin," Ed says.   He must be waiting for his drink like Calvin and I.  I have to say that I was wrong.  Ed is a great, I mean was a great boyfriend but me and Calvin have something special.  He might even be the one. 

"How are you doing buddy?" Calvin asks. 

"Fine.  How are you guys?" Ed asks.  I thought he looked heartbroken but I know that's not true.   He wanted me to be with Calvin.  My mind is probably playing tricks on me. 

"We're good.   We're dating now," Calvin says and puts an arm around me.  I smile weakly.  Ed doesn't look good for some reason and he's my best friend.  I have to find out way he seems so miserable. 

"Yeah," I say.   What can I say?  Ed might only tell me when no one but the two of us is around.  He is usually pretty shy about his personal life.  

I just hope he's okay. 

-----

A/N: What do you think is wrong with Ed?