102

LAST CHAPTER :(

Please remember to read the author's note at the end if you are interested in reading the sequel, thank you.

Chapter 102.

After finally changing my clothes, I headed back downstairs. Niall was here, so I didn't exactly know how Harry and my Mum were going to talk to me about this. But, I still had to go downstairs, even though I just wanted everything to stop moving so fast.

"Why do your parents want to talk to you? Are you in trouble? Is that why you didn't want to come here?" Niall asked a series of questions as he ran down the stairs like an excited child. He gasped, "Gosh, what did you do, Grace?"

"I didn't do anything, Niall." I mumbled, taking slow steps down Harry's long and never-ending staircase. "I told you, everything's kind of a mess right now."

"Oh. I'm sorry, Grace." Niall said sympathetically. Although his words didn't have a tremendous affect on me, I chose to smile at him and nod.

"There you two are." Harry's voice was heard. I never got used to his voice and never got over the fact that it was raspy, yet still very intimidating at times.

"Hi," Niall beamed.

"I'm sorry but Niall, you're going to have to go home." Harry spoke dryly. Niall frowned slightly, but I assumed that he was expecting that. He added, "This is a family matter, and we suggest you give us some privacy."

"I understand, Sir. I'll leave right away." Niall nodded, starting to walk towards the front-door.  I apologized to him briefly on behalf of Harry and after saying goodbye, he disappeared. "See you around, Grace."

Niall was gone, and things were about to happen. I took a deep breath, and simply stared at the ground, not prepared for anything that was about to happen. I was scared to look into Harry's eyes, or even my mother's for that matter.

It remained quiet for almost another two minutes. No one was speaking up, it was nothing but uncomfortable and awkward silence until Bella finally decided to ask, "Well? What have you called us in for? There's no point in being quiet, my show starts in 27 minutes, so please make it quick!"

"Bella, relax. Be a polite girl, please." Harry said, rubbing her back gently. "How about you and your brother go in the playroom for a while so we can talk to just Grace? When we're done, we'll call you."

Joey asked, raising an eyebrow. "Are you excluding us from a family meeting?"

"It's not a family meeting. We're going to discuss something. First, the adults discuss it and then the children. Got it?" Harry tried to explain.

"Alright, Daddy. But if you call us after 27 minutes, then I won't come because I'll be watching my show." Bella said.

"I understand," Harry said. He bent down and placed his hand on each of their backs, carefully pushing them away playfully. They both ran off somewhere, and left the three of us here.

"Alright, Grace." Mum's voice was finally heard after a long time. "I don't know how to tell you this. I don't even know how you'll take this but—"

"I'll tell her, Erin. It's fine," Harry's eyes finally met mine and as soon as they did, I bit my lip and looked down, not ready for this at all. He rasped out, "Grace, you're going to need to look at me when I talk to you. Don't behave like a child."

"I-I'm sorry," I murmured quietly, looking into his eyes. When I looked into his eyes, I tried to read them. I heard that you can tell a lot about a person by their eyes and you can see how someone's really feeling. Pain was evident in Harry's eyes, pure and utter pain.