018

Grace

''You know, Gracie..'' Harry trailed off. He stared at me quietly and said, ''You are very different, you're not like any other girl I've met before.''

''Really, Harry?'' I asked him. ''Oh, come on. You don't mean that. How am I different?''

''I don't know, there's something about you.'' Harry looked at me for a second and then up at the stars. I do not understand him, he is only confusing me more and more. Although it was very hard, I tried to ignore his comment and move on. Little did he know that only a simple sentence like that made me wonder for longer than I imagined.

''Okay,'' I sighed. ''Whatever you say.''

It was probably just me, but whenever I was with Harry, I would always feel some sort of connection. Connection? Maybe that's not the word to use. It was definitely something, though. Before the two of us could say anything, we heard slow and relaxing violin music play from inside the ballroom. We sat there in silence for a few seconds before Harry turned to look at me and stood up.

''Can I have this dance?''

I looked at the man who was holding his hand out, ''What?''

''Come on, Gracie. Dance with me,'' Harry bent down and carefully wrapped an arm around my waist, helping me stand up. ''This is a great opportunity for us to dance. When are we going to get another chance like this? It's perfect. We're alone, underneath the moonlight. Let's dance.''

''Harry,'' I answered. It didn't sound too bad. But, I didn't understand why Harry was doing this. Why does he say one thing and then do the other? This is only going to make me fall for him more. ''I thought-''

''Shh,'' he hushed me, placing his finger over my lip. ''Just dance with me.''

I gulped and anxiously nodded my head. He looked down and kissed my hand. We hadn't even started dancing and my cheeks were coral. The second his soft lips touched my hand, I felt butterflies fly around in my stomach. The dreamy music continued to play as Harry snaked his arms around my waist. I avoided looking into his forest green eyes and slowly placed my arms around his neck.

We started swaying to the music. I barely looked into Harry's eyes, I would either look down, or around. Then, I finally looked into his eyes and let me just tell you, once I looked into them once, it was like I couldn't look anywhere else. The colour of his eyes. Emerald. I could see the whole universe in them. They were emerald green with a hint of gold. I watched his pupils get bigger as I got lost in those mesmerizing eyes.

We were so lost in each other. Harry tried to hold a serious look but he eventually burst out laughing, and looked down. His laugh was so contagious, that a laugh escaped my lips and I looked down.

''You are one clumsy dancer, Harry.'' I chuckled, feeling his foot accidentally step on my feet.

''Gosh, I'm so sorry,'' Harry's voice got lower as he twirled me. I span around and landed right into Harry's arms, his arms were around my waist and shoulder and his head was near my neck. ''However, you are an excellent dancer. Maybe you could teach me one day.''

''Maybe,'' I chortled, twirling myself out of the previous position and flashed him a smile. I didn't care what this meant, I was just enjoying the moment that the two of us were sharing together. I got more confident around him and in my dancing. I started to take a few small steps and guided Harry through the music.

I laughed, holding his hand, intertwining our fingers and taking a few more steps. Harry only followed my lead, ''I never knew you were a good dancer.''

''Take my hand,'' I held my hand out to him, wanting to take the lead now. ''Take a breath. Pull me close and take one step. Okay? We'll start like that.''