043

"Harry," Mum interrupted Harry and I, entering the house. "I just bumped into Samantha. I just came and saw her walking out of the house. What was she doing here?"

Harry asked, eyebrows raised, "You saw her? How'd you know it was her?"

"She told me she was Samantha," Mum answered. "More importantly, what was she doing here in the first place? Did she do anything?"

"Well," Harry glanced at me for a split second. He looked back at my Mum and said, "She came once again and told me what she was going to do. To try and scare me, you know? I guess."

"Honestly." Mum sighed, hanging her coat up. She took a deep breath and placed her hands on her hips, "I really don't like her."

"Same," Harry helped her take her shoes off and asked, "What did she say to you?"

"She asked who I was. Since I was walking towards the house. She was like 'Oh you must be Harry's wife.' Then I told her I was," Mum complained. "She said something else after that, I wasn't really listening. But she was being rude. I mean, I knew she was bad. But not this bad. I wanted to kill her."

"Take it easy there, Mum." I said quietly, "Take it easy."

She only shook her head. "I'm sorry but I can't just take it easy. She keeps coming here to harass my husband, and it makes me mad. I want to do something about it, I really do."

"Don't worry about it. I'm not going to let her do anything." Harry reassured. I followed the two into the kitchen. He said, "She thinks she has so much power but in reality she doesn't. I won't let anything happen."

"I don't understand what her damn problem is!" Mum ranted, filling up a glass of water from the tap and drinking it. "Everything was going great until she came and ruined everything. I am honestly so mad. I just wanted to take one of her heels and shove them right up her ass-"

I widened my eyes, and Harry cut my Mum off with a light chuckle. "Relax, Erin. I understand you're upset—"

"I am not just upset. I'm mad, furious even. What gives her to right to come into my house and try and ruin my husband's life? She can't just do that." Mum threw her hands in the air in anger. "Who does that bitch think she is? I'll make sure I'm home next time she comes over." She stopped to grab a knife from the drawer and held it in the air, "I'll show her that I can be a real pain in the ass too-"

"Woah, Erin. Okay," Harry reached over and took the knife from my mother's hand. I simply stood there, jaw hanging down. Meanwhile, Harry placed the knife back in the drawer and calmingly placed both of his hands on my Mum's shoulder, "I really think you should calm down, yeah? I appreciate you feeling this way but I think we should turn it down a notch, yeah?"

"Fine," Mum blew away a small strand of hair that had made it's way into her forehead, "I'm sorry I'm acting like this. I don't like it one bit. I hate the fact that she's doing all of this and threatening you. I'm just standing here, not doing anything about it. I want to help. I really do. I just wish I could do something."

"It's sweet you feel that way, love," Harry gently gave her a pat on the shoulder, "But don't worry about it, yeah? She won't do anything."

"But what if she does, Harry? What if something bad happens?" Mum looked up at Harry and gulped, biting the inside of her cheek. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she was leaned against the sink, "I'll feel guilty for the rest of my life."

"Okay. First of all, nothing bad will happen. I am not going to let her do anything." Harry reassured, his voice stern and confident in what he was saying, "Secondly, if anything does happen — which it won't — I don't want you to blame yourself, okay? This isn't your fault at all."