054

HARRY

This was it, she was gone.

I had no idea where she was staying, but what sucked was that it wasn't with me. I hated this feeling, I hated it so much. I felt unhappy, more than just unhappy. I felt miserable. I knew it was going to hurt the most when I saw her walk out that door and it did. It hurt more than when I found out she was going to leave.

I just hope she's going to be okay. I hope she'll feel fine. I won't be around her anymore, not for a while at least. How am I supposed to wake up everyday and not know how she's doing? And not know if she's not sick or upset? I know that everyday is going to go by slowly, and I don't know how I'm going to get through it.

I was left speechless. I stood there, not a word coming out of my mouth. I bit my lip, and a tear rolled down my cheek. Wiping it off, I locked the door and made my way back.

''Daddy, no.'' Bella whispered as soon as she saw me. I took a seat next to her, trying to hide the pain. She ran up to me as fast as she could and sat on my lip. She picked up a tissue from the table and wiped my face carefully, ''Don't cry, daddy.''

''What? No, I am not crying.'' I shook my head. I took the tissue from her and quickly wiped my eyes. I forced a smile onto my face and said, ''See? Not crying.''

''Are you sad because they left?'' Bella asked sweetly. I sighed and stayed silent. She wrapped her arms around me, hugging me for a few seconds. Pulling away, she placed a delicate kiss on my cheek and said, ''It's okay. I'm sad too.''

''No, no.'' I whispered. I felt horrible. My kids just saw me cry. No parents want their children to see them cry. ''Don't worry, cupcake. I'm just a little sad that they left, but I don't want you to be sad.''

''But you're making me sad,'' she had a frown on her face. ''If you're sad, then I'm sad.''

''Don't worry, be happy.'' Joey said, eating more of Bella's cereal with his mouth full.

''Okay, no one is sad. Sweetie, Daddy's not sad, okay? I'm happy!'' I tried to cheer her up and used an enthusiastic voice with a wide grin. ''See? Happy daddy!''

''Yay, happy daddy!'' Bella chimed in, throwing her hands in the air. I kissed her cheek softly and sat her back down onto her chair.

''Yay, we're all happy again!'' Joey cheered. He eyed Bella's plate for a second and took some of her pancakes.

''Hey, I've gotta eat something,'' Bella whined at him. ''Don't eat it all! You eat too much!''

''Someone's gotta eat it,'' Joey shrugged. ''It looked too delicious to resist.''

''Joey, come on. Eat your own food,'' I chuckled at him. ''Let your sister eat.''

''She doesn't even want it. She just wants me to not have it,'' Joey stated.

''Give her some, okay? Remember, sharing is caring!'' I smiled widely, throwing both of my hands in the air as I taught them a life lesson. However, it wasn't really appreciated as they both stared at me blankly, blinking their eyes a few times. Giving up, I sighed, ''Okay, whatever. Just share the food.''

''Alright. If you want it, you can have it..'' Joey said. He stayed silent for a few moments. He took the pancake in his dainty hands and licked the whole thing, putting it down on her plate.

''Daddy! He licked it!'' Bella whined. She bent down to take a closer look at the pancake and then gagged. ''Ew!''

''Oh come on, buddy.'' I groaned. It honestly felt like the bickering was never going to stop. I got out of my chair and stood up. Lazily, I spoke. ''You know what? Just argue. I'm not even bothered to solve this anymore.''