024

Whoever that man was, I felt something strange after that encounter. He seemed very familiar, too. Never had I met him in my entire life, yet I felt like I had seen him before. What's that called again? Just the way he acted seemed like something I'd do. Hands in his pocket, running his hands through his hair in an awkward situation, apologizing for no reason. Déjà Vu, is it?

"I've got the tomatoes," I said, bringing them to her as I walked into the kitchen. "I also got a bunch of other stuff too. I know you didn't ask, but I thought it would be helpful."

"Really? That wasn't necessary, love! How sweet! Bless you!" Anne said, helping me with the groceries. "You shouldn't have!

I smiled and sat myself down on the counter, ''It's no problem. I hope it's all the right stuff. I'm not good with my groceries."

Anne thanked me, ''It's perfect. Everything's perfect. Thank you, once again. You are so thoughtful." 

"You're welcome." I got myself a glass of water and drank it up. "Do you not live here anymore?"

"I'm sorry, honey?" Anne turned around. "Oh, us? Yes, we used to live here. This is where Gemma and Harry were born. But later on, we moved away as a family. But Harry moved back here and started his own business. He's always loved it here."

"Oh, that's nice." I said, lightly kicking my legs around like a child, "Harry's nice too."

"I'm sure he is. He's very sweet." Anne chuckled. "I'm glad you like him. It usually takes so long for children to adjust to their stepfathers or stepmothers. I remember when I was a kid, it was so weird seeing my Mum with someone else. I'm glad you like Harry."

"Yes, I really like Harry." I nodded, "He decorated my room for me before I came and everything. He's just always looking out for everyone, I like that about him."

"That is very true," Anne nodded with a warm smile on her face. Then, it looked like she had remembered something. "Oh, I just remembered! How was that date of yours last night?"

"Oh," I tried to come up with something from the top of my head, "It was nice. He was very nice."

Anne asked. "I'm sure. Was it fun? Where did you two go?"

I answered, ''We just went for dinner somewhere.''

"Was it your first date with him?"

"You could say that,'' I smiled, remembering the night, "It was like a regular date. Nothing too special.''

Anne pondered, ''Do you like the boy?" 

"Yeah, I guess." I wanted to move on from the topic, "When do you think they'll be back?"

"Oh, I think they won't be back until a few hours. Why? Are you bored? I wish I could entertain you somehow." Anne chuckled, ''Sorry about this.''

I got off the kitchen counter, "No, it's alright. I have to go back to school tomorrow anyway. I might as well go and do some homework on my room."

"Whatever you need, I'm down here." She said, mixing something inside the pot. "Oh, how I miss cooking dinner for my children. I love visiting my kids because I get to do so much for them."

I joked, "That's sweet. You're lucky Harry still can't cook, you can make more dinner for him." 

Anne wiped some sweat off her forehead, ''That is true. I can't believe I have grandchildren already. I feel old.''

She looked very young. She was a beautiful woman, and I couldn't stop seeing Harry whenever I talked to her, especially when she smiled. I smiled, ''You look very young, though. You have nothing to worry about.''