Kurt hadn't known bits of those details, more so, because he knew Dimitri didn't like talking much about his exes. "I would never do anything to hurt him," Kurt said, more to himself than to Sherrie. "I – I know we haven't known each other for as long as you'd think a couple should before saying those words, but I can really say that I love him with all the confidence in me and know I'm telling the truth. I'm very much in love with your son."

"Don't you go worrying about time," Sherrie assured, "As a matter of fact, my Attis and I only knew each other for the last year of our high school education, and then he swept me off my little feet, and we got hitched without our families knowing until the day we moved away together. My parents were livid and vowed to never speak to me again, but all I needed was my Attis and that wonderful son we ended up having a year later. When its right, you just...know."

Kurt found himself pondering on Sherrie's words for a moment longer. He turned his thumbs together in thought, and the idea of marrying this man he loved only seemed better and better with each second that went by. "I do want to marry him," Kurt said aloud, "I want to marry Dimitri more than anything."

Sherrie gasped and covered her mouth, hiding an elated smile, "Do you, really?"

"Yes," Kurt nodded, "But I feel like there's so much happening in his life right now, and even though I know he cares about me, I'm not 100% sure he'd want to marry me, too. Sometimes I feel like I'm not a good fit for the life he's trying to fit into. I don't ever want to mess anything up for him."

"Nonsense," Sherrie waved his worry away, "If you never ask, you may never know, but if there's anything I know about my boy, it's that he might also never grow the courage to ask you to marry him even if he really wants to. I say go for it someday soon, Kurt."

Kurt licked his lips and pressed them together in thought. "Soon," he breathed out, "I'll ask him soon, but you can't let him know."

Sherrie placed her hands over his heart, so excited for her unexpectant son.

_

Since the land surrounding his parent's home was so vast, it'd taken a couple of minutes to reach the barbed wire fencing closing off their property. Dimitri and Attis hadn't spoken a word since stepping out of the house, but Dimitri figured it was something serious his father was attempting to get off his chest. This walk almost felt like the times Attis had to let his son down by telling him something he didn't want to hear, but there was something missing from those times that didn't match with now. And then, Attis came out with the question, "So, when are you going to marry that guy?"

Dimitri had nearly tripped over his own feet upon hearing the inquiry, and he had to catch himself on one of the posts of the fence. "Jeez," he said, "You couldn't be a little more subtle about it?"

"Hey," Attis shrugged, "You can't blame a man for wanting grandkids soon, alright."

"You and mom aren't even fifty yet," Dimitri shook his head, "I think you two can wait a little longer."

"Does that mean you will eventually marry, Kurt?" Attis questioned in all seriousness.

Seeing as he knew his father didn't feel any distaste toward the idea of Dimitri wanting to marry Kurt, he stuffed his hands in the back pockets of his jeans and nodded. "I do want to marry him," he said, "But a part of me thinks he might not be ready for that. We live together, sure, but marriage is a whole other step. I don't want to scare him away, you know?"

"Please," Attis huffed, "That Brit looks at you like you handcrafted every constellation in the night sky."

Dimitri's cheeks warmed hearing his father speak this way, "You think so?"