"It's nothing serious," he kept his voice a little on the light side, "Dimitri and I were out together, and some wankers, sorry, some jerks decided to give us a hard time." When he was made to sit down beside Sherrie who inspected his visible wounds, he brought on a smile to his lips, "I'm alright. Really."

"Don't be so modest, boy," she touched his brunette hair with gentle fingers, "My lord, do you know who those fuckers were?" she looked up at Dimitri, "Are you gonna press charges?"

"We can't," Dimitri filled in, "They ran when security from the bar we were at showed up, and the CCTV hadn't gotten a good enough look at them to identify the guys. Security said they'd definitely keep an eye open for them."

Attis had been seated in his recliner chair in the living room, and he crossed his arms and shook his head after hearing the story. "Motherfuckers," the man said, "I'd like for anyone to try some shit while I'm around. I'd have beat the shit outta those assholes."

Dimitri rubbed a hand at the back of his neck. He knew his father wasn't joking when it came to messing up people who fucked with his son. There'd been a time a couple weeks after Dimitri told his family he was gay, and some douchebag decided to call him a 'faggot' for wearing a rainbow wristband in the mall. Attis, who'd been walking alongside his son, quickly threatened the other man into silence. So, to hear his father jump straight into 'fucking someone up' surely wasn't a surprise for him.

Sherrie furrowed her brow, upset, "How terrible. As long as you're okay, Kurt. Can I get you anything? A snack, a drink, maybe? I made a peach pie the other day."

"I could use a drink, but I doubt you've got any Yorkshire, huh?"

Sherrie laughed and stood from the sofa, putting on her worst attempt at a British accent. "How's bout a nice cuppa worta?"

"Is that racist?" Kurt lifted a brow, and he felt better hearing Sherrie laugh at the jest. Her good mood was contagious and it also felt nice to have a genuine smile on his face.

When Sherrie disappeared into the kitchen for a moment, Attis stood from the sofa and neared his son. Jostling a hand about his shoulder, the man said, "Hey, son, why don't you come on and have a talk with your Old Man? I'd like to ask you something."

"Uh, okay," Dimitri gave a nod to Kurt and followed his father down a short walkway, and when they stepped through the door leading into the back yard, he slid the door closed behind him.

Meanwhile, Sherrie entered back into the living room after fetching a cold glass of water. When she handed it off to Kurt, she took a seat beside him again and smiled in his direction. Kurt felt a little self-conscious with her so near to him, but she merely touched at a flyaway in his fringe, and said, "You make my son very happy. Since you both came that day to meet Attis and I, I could see immediately that my boy was smitten with you. Who could blame him, though, you are pretty charming, aren't cha?"

"I like to think so," Kurt joked, taking a swig of his water.

Sherrie then closed her hands together and rested them in her lap. "I can still remember his first heartbreak," she went on. "Back then, he'd told Attis and I that he held off on dating when he was a teenager, because he didn't know how to be in a closeted relationship. So, when he first started dating later, he hadn't any experience or any idea about how to deal with 'love' related things. I can still see the heartache in his eyes when his first boyfriend broke up with him."

Sherrie looked out the living room window to the backyard, making sure Dimitri and Attis were still outside and wouldn't come in yet.

"My little Jamesy is a sensitive one," she sighed, "But I'm always proud to say I've got the sweetest boy in the word. Back then, when he told me that dirty Rudy broke up with him, and not only broke up with him, but had the audacity to scream it in his face that he wanted nothing to do with Jamesy anymore, as a mother, I wanted to snap that dirty Rudy upside his head. My Jamesy came home for Christmas that year in tears I couldn't console. And don't even get me started on that disgrace of a man named Ian. Right when my Jamesy was all nice a healed, he had to come along with drag him through the mud before cheating on my boy. Can you believe that bastard had the gall to blame his cheating on Jamesy?"