Chapter 3: New Opportunity

Start from the beginning

Hanging up, I quickly shove the black suit into the bag along with other essentials for the two hours of work before walking out of my congested room and into the tiny living room where Roman was scattered over the couch in front of the T.V.

(Ash Stymest as Roman Azallion)

"Where are you going, Eros?" Roman spots me as I try to sneak out the front door, but it's impossible considering it's right by the T.V.

"To the gym?" I point at the black tank top and shorts that I wore.

"Take me too then," he jumps up from the couch and heads past the first door into his room down the hallway..

Grabbing his wrist, I haul him back and yell at him in a hush tone. "Shut up, Rome. I'm going to work." I zip his lips and point at the last door down the narrow hall. "So keep it shut and stay here with mom while I go make money to pay for your tuition and her drugs."

"You're seriously going to leave me with her again?" He shoves my chest and stomps back to the couch. "She's gonna ride my ass to hell when she wakes up."

"Inject her with the medication if she acts crazy." I stride towards the door and open it slightly before looking back at the fuming boy.

"Do you remember what happened last time?" He glares at me and crosses his arms across his chest. "She came at me with a damn knife when I didn't have any money to give her."

"That's because you did not inject her when you had the time. Don't hesitate this time," I order him and slowly shut the door behind me, stepping out into the musky fourth floor hallway of the old brick building. Walking down the creaky thin corridor, I reach the end and skip down the stairwell.

"Hey, Eros," my neighbor from across the hall chirps up as she jogs up the stairs in booty shorts and a neon pink tank top with headphones hanging around her neck and sweat dripping down the side of her pale skin.

"Hey, Zeenat! Had a good run?"

"Huh?" She shakes away her gazing and looks down. "Yeah, a good sweaty run. Going to the gym?"

"Yes, I am. I'll talk to you later. I'm in a hurry."

"Of course," she stutters out as I begin walking away from the nervous girl. "Eros!" She calls out.

"Yes, babe?" I smirk at her to make her a little more nervous. She swallows hard and clasps her shaky hands.

"Maybe... you would... you know..." she starts out but stammers along the way.

"No, I don't know. You might have to be a little more elaborative," I inch closer until I was on the same step as her, smirking smugly as I pin the anxious girl against the wall behind her with my mere stature. "What are you trying to say, Zeenat?" Swallowing once again, she gets lost into my eyes, her breathing hitching in her throat and cheeks burning up as I near her face. I snap my fingers before her eyes to pull the woman out of a trance. "Zeenat?"