I am with my team. Mei just a step behind me. Our troops ready to march.

Beside my troop, Jiang's team is lined up to my left while on the other side of Jiang's team is Wei's troop.

Generals and Coronels are lined horizontally in our front. We are all waiting for my father, the Master General, to say the marching order.

I look on the side. Dayu and a man in a Governor garb was standing on the side. Behind them are soldiers from the SiChuan, at least thirty in number. Enough to defend the Governor.

Dayu and the Governor are both in all black garb. The Governor of SiChuan is just fitted with an armor as protection while Dayu has only his sword on his hand.

He doesn't need any armor for protection. He is a dangerous assasin.

Then the window on my father's office opened. I frowned when I saw my father in simple white robes and not in his military uniform. I was not the only one surprised at his clothing. Whispers erupted as everyone wondered why the Master General is not suited for marching off the base.

Then I saw Dayu moved. He walked and stopped in front of the General's building. Right under the window where my father is standing.

I saw my father look down at Dayu but Dayu didn't look back to gaze up to the man he hated the most.

My heart started beating rapidly. What is going on now? We are ready to leave. My father should just give the order so we can evacuate the base.

Dayu wanted me to leave and forget him. Well, I can do the first. The second one, even if I can and I highy doubt it, I will never voluntarily do.

I will give Dayu some time to heal before I will approach him again. Ask for his forgiveness and do my best to earn it.

Maybe I will retire my commission as a soldier and just focus on him.

But first, this leaving of the base business should be finished.

I look up to my father, silently asking him to look at me. And he did. His eyes met mine and he gave me a nod. He started speaking.

"Today, we will leave this base that had been our home for over a decade. Soldiers were trained here. They went out of our camp to be heroes. We served this country and our Emperor with dedicated hearts and willing bodies. But today, we shall all left it behind for a new start."

My father look around on the officials and soldiers listening to him.

"I want to deeply apologize to everyone who got hurt and who will be hurt after today. General Zong and I made many mistakes but this camp was our dream. But sometimes dreams came from our desire and achieving our desires in a wrong way can hurt many people.  I deeply apologize for all my wrong decisions. And with that...I will pay it with my life..."

My breath stop for a moment when my father slowly placed a rope on the window frame. The rope has a looped end, wide enough for my father to slip his head through it.

"NO!" I shouted and push the shocked officials in front of me to ran to the building and to stop my father but I braked when I saw Dayu unsheathing sword.

"Don't forgive me, Captain Wang,"

Is what he said a few hours ago inside my cabin. Is this what he meant by those words? Did he planned this?

"Is this what you want?" I asked Dayu as I stopped a few feet away from him. I look up to my father who is gazing down on me and shaking his head. I look down to Dayu again and point at my father, "Did you ask him to do this?"