CHAPTER 57

CHAPTER 57

NICOLLE'S POV

"Then runaway with me."

I did not know why I said those words. I did not mean to but they just came out of my mouth suddenly... and what's weirder is that they came out naturally. 

Like I was natural with Matthew Hawkings. 

"You're out of your mind," he said, chuckling. 

I looked down. Well, maybe I was. I was out of my mind. Who would not be? In this kind of situation? I have fucking Alzheimer's disease. I have fucking multiple sclerosis. And I was going to die. 

Maybe not of what ails me... maybe of depression. 

Of emotional damage. 

Damn, I'm so dramatic.

"Go back to your family," he told me as he waved his hand. 

I took it. It was obvious that he was surprised with what I just did. And it was more obvious that what I was doing was wrong. It's alright... even if it was wrong, I would do it. Because sometimes, the wrong things you do are the things that will lead you to where you have to be. 

And this is where I have to be... not beside Blake or my family or Andrew or any of my friends. 

I have to be with someone I barely know. 

I have to be. I need to take some time to think... even if it was the only time left of my life. I would spend it thinking about things. Thinking about what I should think about. 

“Nicolle, stop this alright. I don’t want any trou—“

“Please,” I begged. I was serious. “Please. Let me—“

“Why?” he asked, smirking. He looked as though a clown was in front of him making him laugh.

Was I making him laugh? Was I so hilarious, ridiculous and hopeless that I actually made him laugh?

“I need to get away,” I answered, getting my shit together. I was trying so hard not to break down because I’ve already cried enough tears for today. It’s time I should stop whining.

It’s time that I stop being a princess and start being a soldier.

“I need to get away,” I repeated, sternly. “Even if you don’t agree, I will run away. I will go away and leave all of you behind.”

He shook his head. “It’s not easy out there. And alone? You couldn’t do that, Nicolle. I bet my life you couldn’t.”

The smirk never wore off of his face. There was something in him that kept on telling me to run away from him and go back to my family. But there was something in his eyes that said… I could be with him.

And I could be with him forever.

I suddenly felt scared. What if I was really supposed to be with him? i breathed out.

“Nicolle?” someone called.

Matthew Hawkings stretched his neck to see who was calling. I turned around to see, too. Towards me, a redheaded girl who was smiling was walking. She looked familiar. I’ve seen her somewhere. She was my friend. A close one. I just didn’t know what her name was.

Goddamn this condition!

“Nicolle!” the girl called. She walked quicker and when she was just mere inches from me, she hugged me. I was shocked, but I hugged her back.

“Nicolle,” she called again. When she let go, she took hold of my hands and said, “Oh my god! It’s so good to see you. Kumusta na? Asan na sina Blake? And why are you with Matthew?”