CHAPTER 48

CHAPTER 48

NICOLLE'S POV

"That's what Anne told me!"

"Shut up, Krungy."

"No, Andrew, I'm serious here."

Luke says something in Chinese.

"My mom's stupid."

"Hey, don't talk about Anne like that, Blake!"

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!"

We all turned our heads to look at Zelle who was just a second away from murdering us all with our unending complaints. 

So, today was the day after that incident in the billiards room at Tagaytay where the moment was so intense Blake and I almost did it. And today was also the day after Zelle got back from Baguio. And today was also the day of Krungy's great announcement. She announced something like this an hour earlier:

We all are fucked up, guys. Anne told me she froze all our bank fucking accounts. We have to make at least two hundred fifty fucking grand to donate to Perez Foundation. And we have to complete the fucking money until  Saturday, that's, what, two fucking days from now. If we didn't, it's a good bye to our fucking money. Ain't that the fucking life, motherfuckers?

Yep, those are the exact words. Krungy... really, she's got to clean her mouth sometimes. But she's a got a point right there. How the hell are we supposed to earn two hundred fifty thousand in less than three days? I mean, that's shit, right?

And, by the way, Anne is Blake's mother.

"Hindi kasi kayo marunong magtrabaho eh! Masyado kayong mayayaman!"

I rolled my eyes. "Says the hotel heiress," I commented. 

Yep, if I haven't told you before, Zelle really was a hotel heiress; her family's business. But she decided to keep it low and live peacefully. 

"Whatever, Jot. I have an idea."

Everyone else fell silent. Right now, we're desperate for ideas. We actually don't care if the idea came from outer space, as long as we can do it, we will. For our money!

"So what are your talents?" Zelle asked. 

We only stared at each other for quite a while before bursting into laughter. What's Zelle got in her mind? Right, it's an idea, it's actually an acceptable idea but...

"So, we are going to run a talent show?" Andrew asked, between his guffaws. 

Zelle pouted then crossed her arms, and that's when all of us stopped laughing. We know Zelle all too well to not realize she was offended. Stomping her feet like a little child, she exited the room. I sighed dramatically. Looks like I am the one responsible for consoling her. 

I looked at Andrew who had his arms raised up in surrender. He shrugged as he grimaced. "Sorry, I... It was a joke."

"Alright," I said then a second later, I followed Zelle to the kitchen. 

When I got there, I saw her sulking, her head down the table, her arms sprawled. And she was making a funny sound. Nope, she wasn't crying, just murmuring something in a different Language. Or... I don't really know?

“Hey,” I called. She didn’t respond. I cleared my throat and called out again, “Hey, Zelle.” Again, I got nothing from her but more of the murmuring. I clucked my tongue and sat on the island, across her.

“Well… uh… Zelle, we’re really sorry for laughing at you. We shouldn’t have done that. We’re just—“

“Hindi yon,” she said out of the blue, turning her head up to look at me. She straightened her body. Her nose was red. Was she crying?