CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 24

NICOLLE'S POV 

It's already been days since that day with Luke. That day when all hell broke loose. Luke knew all about the deal the whole time. Luke knew I have been used as a cover up. And Luke sucks. Blake, Krungy and Zelle were still out of town. And Andrew was busy with his one-week tournament.

Can you imagine a whole week with Luke?

I swear I have to get out of here. Like, right now.

He wouldn’t stop blabbering. He wouldn’t stop telling me corny jokes. And his singing talent—oh, my gosh—his singing talent! Is the Fate trying to test me?

But on the bright side, at least I've got more than enough freebies for the whole week. Luke helped with that. He got rid of the bodyguard and his family decided to fly back to Vegas. So, basically, he was back to being the normal Luke we knew. And when I say normal, it meant ‘crazy’. He was staying with me in the unit saying 'I was expected to protect you' over and over again whenever he shows up.  

And on the weird side, Blake was not calling or texting me or whatever. And on the other kinky angle, Luke had stopped with his player life. He had been rejecting those sluts that come to him and ask him out, instead of the other way around. Odd. So odd for the Luke Sy I know. 

"Oy! Tara na. Gusto ko ng umuwi,” he shouted right in my ears. Right in my ears! This was what I’ve been under since the last days. Luke shouting right in my ears, right in front of my face. Luke shouting when he was just too close to me!

I groaned internally as everyone in the ice cream shop turned their heads to us (as if girls weren’t already swooning over this Chinese I’m with) so I just pretended that I did not know who this guy was. But who was I kidding? He had his arm around me that I didn't notice until now.

"Tone it down, you don't own the world," I hissed. He sighed as I pushed his arm away. I paid for my ice cream and headed straight for the door, leaving a happily grinning Luke behind. He caught up easily, however. Ugh.

"Nagtext si Zelle. Uuwi na daw siya mamayang gabi."

My head snapped up with Luke's words. Finally, I can eat real food! We half ran half walked the 50 feet distance to our building. I know, he said later but I can't wait. I missed Zelle.

Instead of going to my unit, we decided to take his and hang out there until Zelle arrives. It was my first time to get inside. My jaw dropped at the view. His unit was way better than mine. Way better. It's cleaner and bigger and there were more great stuffs. And the fridge, yes, the fridge was full of stocks. Of course, what do I expect from the owner's son?

"Shower lang ako," he said. "Stay put ka lang dyan ok?"

I nodded as he headed to the bathroom. I sat down the couch and turned the TV on. On the screen, it was not the regular TV show. It was me and Andrew in the elevator. Had Luke been watching this?

I turned the TV off, trying to get rid of the memory. He used me as a practicing tool. He kissed me. He kissed me then he said he was practicing. Practicing for what?! He could have asked me. I mean, how much does it take to ask me to practice with him right? He told me he can be my best friend. It turned out; he can damage me, just like Blake can. 

The memory came flashing back on my mind. My heart beat faster. I did not have a clue on what was happening to me. I should not be so affected right? But I was. I was. I reached out to take a throw pillow and then put it against my head. I screamed at it. 

WHAT THE HELL, ANDREW?!

That was what I screamed. Yeah, what the hell, Andrew. I heard my phone ring so I decided to stop screaming and reserve my voice for the caller, whoever this was.