CHAPTER 49

CHAPTER 49

NICOLLE'S POV

I am only a morning person when it's Christmas. Next to my birthday, Christmas is my favorite time of the year. The jolly greetings, the colorful lights, the cheerful music, the cold breeze and the presents. Oh the unending presents!

I don't care if I'm eighteen, I'm still excited about this day as I have been since when I was little. I love gifts, who doesn't?

I opened my eyes, got up and started jumping on my bed with my hands waving in the air as I chanted, "Oh yeah! It's Christmas day! Oh yeah! Time for presents! Oh yeah! Lots of food! Oh yeah! Uh-huh-uh-huh CHRIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAS DAAAAAAY!!!"

Yep, there were times when I'm not really right in the head. 

Since that day when Luke held his mini piano concert, we have planned to hold a party here in my unit and started decorating my home with decors, put presents under the Christmas tree and prepared the place. Now, here I am, in my pajamas, getting out of my room with a big big big grin on my face.

I saw Zelle already wearing the blue dress she bought a few days back. She was eating the cookies which Andrew made for us. I gave her the biggest bear hug I could. I kissed her cheek. Once I let go, "Merry Christmas, Zelle!" I greeted happily.

She smiled weirdly. "Merry Christmas din, Jot," she greeted back, her voice laced with disbelief. 

"And you are actually smiling? It's not even seven in the morni-"

"Oh, but it's Christmas, my lovely cousin!" I inserted cheerfully. 

She pursed her lips and nodded as if she was just forced to agree.

I propped myself down the couch after I filled the room with Christmas songs. Smiling, I closed my eyes, snapped my fingers and sang, "Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay! Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh! Heey!"

I opened my eyes and continued humming. Zelle was rubbing her forehead with her palm, looking at me like she wanted to disown me. 

My grin only grew wider. 

"Ooh! I so love Christmas!" I exclaimed as I sighed dramatically. 

"Oh talaga?" she asked, grimacing. "Di ko kasi pansin eh"

I snorted at her sarcasm. I took one cookie from the bowl and ate it. "Mmm! Delisyoso!" I commented in a Spanish accent. I shook my head slowly and theatrically along with my humming of the song Twelve Days of Christmas.

My eyes flew around the den and noticed that there were more gifts under the Christmas tree. It only doubled my excitement. I squealed. 

"Oh my God, Zelle! It's Christmas! It really is Christmas! Can't believe this is my first Christmas in the Philippines. Oh my God. I'm overreacting, Zelle! But hell! I can't-"

Since I don't know how to speak anymore, I let out a yelp. I jumped up from the couch and told Zelle, who was now grimacing at me, "I'll just take a shower. So-"

"Sige na. Sige na!" she said as she waved her hand in the air, signaling me to go. "Layasan mo na ako dito. Nananahimik ako kanina eh."

I giggled.

"Woohoo! It's Christmas! Lalalala~" I sang as I made my way to the bathroom. If Vincent was here, I can just imagine the riot we're making. Vincent and I love Christmas, bigtime! Now that I thought about it, I was wondering if he was still sleeping. After all, we're on the opposite sides of the world. 

Inside the bathroom, I continued performing. Yes, I just don't sing in the bathroom. I perform, which basically means that I dance, sing, act and do stunts. After I wash, I wore a gray loose shirt and realized... I'm flat chested. I crossed my arms above my chest, seemingly protecting it.