Chapter 32: I Can't Lose You Too

KAYLA (UNEDITED)
8:37a.m.

"AHHH!"

Why can't I for once sleep in peace?

The scream came from the living room. It sounded a lot like Taylor and Arissa. I slowly stood up from my bed and stretched. I swung the door open and walked towards the living room where two terrified girls one on the kitchen counter and one on the couch and an innocent rat.

Oh wait, I forgot. I'm afraid of rats too.

"AHHHH!" I screamed and jumped on the closest object possible, which was the dining table.

Zach and Alice too, rushed out their room to see what was happening.

"Why are you three...?" Alice tilted his head.

Arissa pointed at a rat. It looked a lot like a bloodling. Oh, it's a bloodling rat.

"Kill it!" Taylor pulled her hair.

"Guys relax!" Zach checked his pockets. "I don't have anything to kill it with. Hold on, let me get my knife." Zach quickly went back to his room and came back out with a pocket knife. He stabbed the rat on the head.

Me, Arissa and Taylor sighed as we climbed down the objects we were standing on.

Teresa's door swung open to reveal a sleepy Clarke and Teresa.

All our eyes shifted from Teresa to Clarke.

"You guys slept in the same room?" Arissa gasped.

Teresa and Clarke stared at each other for awhile. Their eyes suddenly widen as they realised.

Teresa waved her hands. "Wait! It's not what you think."

"We didn't do anything." Clarke said.

"Are you sure?" Arissa wiggled her eyebrows.

"YES!" Teresa and Clarke said in unison.

"Man, it's kinda sad that I don't have anyone my age to talk to." Alice shook her head. "If I did. I would talk about why adults are always feeling flustered when they're around the opposite sex." She face-palmed.

No one knew how to answer that.

"We don't always feel flustered around boys!" Taylor quipped.

I sighed. "Okay, okay let's stop this before it gets to a crazier level." I looked at all of them. "Today, we are gonna talk to my parents-and Zach's about Terry. So I'm going to ask you guys to vote. Raise your hand if you want Terry to be executed."

Everybody raised they're hand.

I coughed. "Well then, let's go tell them."

.
.
.

Everybody wore the coats I gave them. Luckily it wasn't snowing yet. We brought our weapons too, just incase of an emergency. Once we got outside, the whole town was empty.

Quiet.

"Where is everybody?" asked Clarke.

The only thing we could hear was the sound of wind.