Chapter 10: Ready To Shoot

(that's Zach in the pic)

KAYLA
9:53p.m.

It was quiet after what I said half an hour ago. Zach was sitting next to Alice near a cat scratching post. Will just stood at the counter, Taylor was looking outside the door that lead to the 2 storey shopping mall.

I sat there quietly. I didn't feel like talking to anybody.

"We gotta get out of here." Taylor broke the silence and turned to us. "There's nothing out there. It's empty, but dark. I saw a lot of shops and restaurants. Maybe we could find food and get a change of clothes?" she said.

"Are you sure there's nothing out there?" I finally spoke.

"Am I sure? Seriously? Go look at it yourself then!" Taylor walked away from the door.

I get up and open the door.

There was nothing out there. Just darkness and a couple of shops and restaurants that have probably been searched already.

I turn and look at Taylor.
"You're right. There's nothing out her-"

A Bloodling out of no where breaks down the door that leads to the shopping mall.

The door falls on me,
So did the Bloodling.

"Agh!" I was stuck under the door with the Bloodling on top of it.

"Kayla!" Zach quickly took out his knife and stabbed the Bloodling in the head.

The Bloodling was dead.
Alice sprints to the door and helped Zach to pick up the door.

I laid down on the floor panting.

"I thought you said there's nothing out there!" Alice said.

"There was nothing out there!" said Taylor.

"Taylor, you gotta stop this." said Zach.

"I'm serious! There was nothing out there!" she said.

"No, no.. she's right, there was nothing out there when I checked." I said still lying on the floor.

"See!" said Taylor.

Zach grabs my hand and pulls me up.

"You okay?" he said.

"Yeah, yea I'm fine." I said taking out my wavy brown hair that was stuck in my hoodie.

"Should we go out then if there's a Bloodling?" said Alice.

"It was just one, I hope there won't be anymore." said Zach.

"So what do we do now?" said Taylor.

"We go." said Will out of the blue.

"What?" said Taylor.

"We need food Taylor, and a change of clothes. Look at us, our clothes are full of Bloodling blood." said Will.

"He's right." I said.

"Ugh, fine." Taylor flipped her ponytail.

I somehow like Taylor. I mean, yeah she's a bitch, yeah, she tried to kill me. But you don't meet anyone like this in the apocalypse. With her personality, I don't even know how she survived this apocalypse.

Taylor was probably the type of girls who were popular in their high school days. But strong. That's what I like about her.

"You guys got torchlights? I don't have anything. I had one, but I lost it when I fell in the lake." I look at Taylor.
She just ignores me.

"I have one." said Will.

"Me too." said Taylor waving her red flashlight that she took out from her black backpack.
The Hawaiian keychain on her bag caught my eye for some reason.

"I think I've got three in my bag." said Zach taking out three blue torchlights.

"One of them is out of battery though." He checks all the torchlights.

"Check the drawers under the cashier. There might be batteries there." said Alice.

I smile at Alice.

Alice, 14 year old girl in a zombie apocalypse. What I like about her is that she's smart, strong and knows how to fight. She stopped crying and kept going.

Alice smiled back.

Zach ran behind the cashier and checked all the drawers.

"Bingo!" Zach took out two batteries and puts it in the torchlight.

He passes me and Alice a torchlight each.

"Thanks." I said.

Zach winks.

"Ready?" Zach cocks his gun.

I take out my gun and held the torchlight and the gun together.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I said going out the door first.

____________________________________
A/N: Hope you enjoy this chapter! I'll try and make a longer one tomorrow. K byee