Chapter 25: Emerald and Blue Eyes

KAYLA

"You guys wait here, I'll go get the walkie-talkies." Clarke said.

"Okay."

While Clarke took the walkie-talkies from Sabrina, Arissa explained some stuff to us.

Arissa cleared her throat. "Let's get some things out of the way here. So, I'm pretty sure you guys know Denville."

Zach nodded. "Yeah. They kidnapped us."

"Wow. Okay..." Arissa looked at Zach. "Denville tried to raid us last week. They tried to take over Clinton like all the other communities. But we didn't let that happen, of course."

Teresa sighed. "I don't know them but, you guys seem to really hate them. So I'm on your side."

Arissa nodded. "Good."

"Sometimes I wonder," Alice started. "Who actually runs that community?"

We all shrugged.

A couple minutes later, Clarke came out with five walkie-talkies. He handed us all one each. After leaving Sabrina's apartment, we all had lunch at the West Cafe since it was the nearest to her apartment. I sat next to Clarke with Zach in front of me.

"Kayla."

I stopped eating my porridge and turned to look at Clarke. "Yep?"

His eyes met mine and we stared at eachother for awhile. He had beautiful emerald eyes but not as beautiful as Z-

Zach coughed. "I need some water." He stood up and went to get a drink.

"Someone's jelly." Alice mumbled.

I broke my gaze at Clarke. "What?"

Alice continued eating her food. "Nothing."

Taylor flipped her ponytail. "I'm so happy you've found someone Kayla. Now I can have Zach all to myself." She smirked.

"Wait what?"

Taylor motioned her head to Clarke and I immediately blushed like a red tomato.

"Zach is s-"

Alice was cut off when Zach came back and spilled some water on her pants.

"Whoops. Sorry, didn't see you there." He sat down.

"Zach!" Alice glared at him. "Now people are gonna think I peed in my pants."

"Good."

Teresa elbowed him at the stomach.

He groaned. "Did I ever mention," he took a deep breath. "You have a sharp elbow?"

"I take that as a compliment." She smiled sarcastically.

"Someone, if you can hear me." He looked up. "Help me."

I choked on my water.

.
.
.

The rest of the day, Clarke and Arissa gave us a tour of Clinton. He held my hand most of the time when a place gets crowded. He showed us the garden, the store, where they get they're food and etc. Taylor walked with Zach the whole time. Sometimes I could hear Zach mumble something like 'help me' or 'go away' to Taylor. But she ignored them and continued hugging him. Then, we had our dinner and headed back to our apartments.

Arissa yawned. "Goodnight guys."

"Good night Arissa." I said.

Teresa and Taylor went in their apartments too.