Chapter 19: I'm Clumsy

KAYLA

Turn left, left again and then right.

Left, left, right.

Right?

As I walked out the clinic the roads were empty. Everybody went for lunch I guess.

Okay, okay. Focus Kayla!

I turned left.

Okay, then she said turn right.

Wait! I think she said left.

No right.

No left.
No Its rig-

"Ow!" A guy said.

I noticed I was on the floor with my crutches next to me and a man my age massaging his head.

Oh yay! First day here and I've already hurt someone. "Im sorry."

"Watch where your going ne-next...time..." He trailed off when his eyes met mine.

Oh shit, he's cute.

I stood up and helped the man up. "Im clumsy. My bad."

His jaw dropped. "Uh.."

I gave him a concerened look. "Is there something on my face?"

He picked up my crutches and passed it to me. "No! I mean, no. Sorry, it was my fault." He scratched his neck.

I smiled. "I know."

"I- wait what?" He said.

"I know it was your fault."

He chuckled. "Oh."

"I'm Kayla. New here." I extended my hand out, putting the crutches under my arm.

"Clarke." He shook my hand. "What happened to your leg?"

"Oh," I laughed. "Long story."

He nodded. "Where are you headed?"

I looked left and right. "South Cafe. Though, I think I'm lost."

He smiled. "I'll walk you there."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I was actually going to West Cafe but I'll be happy to walk you there."

"Thanks."

I thought I was going to make a new enemy. But I ended up making a friend. He did look really mad when I bumped into him, but his mood suddenly changed when he looked at me.

Strange.

Oh well.

"So," he looked at me as we walked to the cafe. "When did you arrive?"

"Literally a couple minutes ago."

He glanced at the floor before looking back at me."Alone?"

"Nah. I came here with seven people, but..."

"But?"

I sighed. "Wendy, the head of security? I think, said that the community was nearly full and they could only accept five people." I looked away. "Our original plan was suppose to go to Riverdale. But then we found this place."

Clarke nodded.

I wanted to say it. I wanted to say we were being hunted down by Denville. But, c'mon! I just met the guy.

We finally arrived at the cafeteria. Clarke told me it was originally a food court before the apocalypse.

"Do you see your friends anywhere?" asked Clarke.