Chapter 2: Zach

9:38p.m, 26th December 2018
KAYLA

A tear drops from my face as I saw my best friend getting eaten by one of those, monsters. I couldn't do anything, it was too late.

I shot the Bloodling in the head.

I sat there on the concrete floor, crying, hoping somehow she'd  come back to life.
I suddenly felt slimy hands touching my shoulder, tackling me to the ground,
I thought,
Maybe I should just die, I'm all alone now.

Right before the Bloodling bit me, I heard  a gun shot. It was blurry but I  could see that the Bloodling was on the floor, dead.
I turned around to see a young man, tall, dreamy blue eyes and a sharp jawline wearing a black hoodie with jeans and a large red backpack. He reached out his hand to me.
I quickly  took the small gun hiding in my boots and pointed it at him.

The young man held both of his hands up.

"Woah, woah! Is that what I get for saving your life?" He said smirking.

"Who are you? And why are you smirking?"

He smiled. "Don't worry, I'm not in a group or anything, I'm all alone."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Because I see you're alone too,"
He looks at Tyra who was lying on the floor.

"She's gonna turn any minute you know." He reaches his hand out to pull me up.

I kept my gun back into my boot and took his hand.
Why am I trusting this guy?

"My name's Zach, you?" He looked at me.

"Kayla." I said.

"Should I do it?" Zach pointed the gun at Tyra.

"I'll do it." I walked towards Tyra and took the gun that was on the floor and pointed it at her.
Tears started streaming down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry," I shut my eyes.

Tyra's eyes opened and started shaking.

"Shoot her! Now!" Zach was panicking.

I couldn't do it, so I gave the gun to Zach.

He took it and quickly shot Tyra in the head.

I looked away and cried harder. Zach gave the gun back to me, panting. I took it and kept it.

"Hey, you okay?" Zach pat my back.

"Leave me alone."

"Alright, alright." Zach walked away and sat on a chair near an open window.

I stared at him. This guy sure is an idiot. It was silent until I said,
"You know, you shouldn't sit near an open window." I sniffled.

"Why?" He asked, looking a little puzzled.

"Because of that." I quickly took my gun and shot the Bloodling that was about to bite him in the neck at the window.

"Woah!" Zach nearly fell off the chair.

I pointed at the window. "Might wanna block that."

"Good shot, though." He said.

"Where are you from?" I asked.

Zach was searching for something to block the window. "Dallas."

"Hmph. Thanks for saving my life. I'm going to leave now." I wiped her nose and walked towards the exit.

"Wait," Zach stopped searching.

I turned around. "What?"

He stayed silent for a while before answering. "Do you mind, if I follow you? I've been all alone for the past three months. "

"Why would I trust you?"

"I don't know."

"Then no." I said.

Right before I walked out, I took one last look at my best friend, who has been with me since this thing started. 
Zach quickly walked next to me
"So, where were you guys heading?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "Didn't I just tell you, no?"

"Come on, I can't stand being alone anymore. It's depressing. Plus, I'd rather survive an apocalypse with a pretty girl than do it all alone." Those words he said made me blush like a strawberry.

"Pleaseeeee." His eyes were very distracting. How can humans have eyes like that?

"You know what, I'd rather have you come with me than have you stalking me." I sighed.

"Holy shit, thanks."

I rolled my eyes and continued. "Me and my bestfriend were going to a safe place called-"

"Rockwell?" He cuts her off.

"Yeah. You're going there too?"

"Yep, but the thing is we're going in the same direction as the herd of zombies." He said.

"You call em' zombies?"

"What do you call them?"

"Bloodlings, yeah I know it's weird."

Zach bursts out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I looked a little puzzled.

"Bloodling? Isn't that what they call kids?"

"I don't know." I couldn't help but smile, his laugh made my heart skip a beat.

We reached a dead end.

"Wait what? Isn't this where we're suppose to go?" I took out my map.

Zach stared at the map and shook his head.

"You know you've been looking at the map upside down?" He turns the map upwards.

"What?" I looked at Zach then the map.

"Well, shit." I mentally facepalmed herself.

"We're suppose to be going that way." He pointed at the opposite direction.

"Great, just great."

As we turn around, a group of men, tall and muscular holding big guns, were standing right in front of us. They all point their guns at me and Zach.

And shit.

"Hands up." A man with a beard said.

Me and Zach nodded and did as they said.

"Put your hands down or shoot us, you'll be dead in a second." Another man, strong, buff and tall pointed the gun at me then Zach.

"Why are you here?"

"Why can't we be here?" Zach said.

"Because it's our place. Want us to kill you first, boy?"

"Alright, relax man."

"Look, we're sorry, we didn't know this was someone's 'place' just let us go and you will never see us again." I said.

The man with the beard whispered something to the other man.

"No."

One of the guys then tazered Zach which made him faint. I watched it happened and faced the men.

"Wait, n-!"

The same man who tazered Zach then did the same thing to me making everything go black, I only heard one thing, which was...

"Ask Boss what we should do to them. For now, keep them locked up." The man with the beard said to a black haired guy.

____________________________________

A/N: okayzzz hope you enjoyed this chapter! ❤