•17•

Jake POV

I hate that my parents are divorced because then I always have to go back and forth between houses.  I have to go to my dad's house every 2 weeks and sometimes on holidays. Sadly, this is the weekend I have to go to my dad's house. I sometimes even have to go to his job. It's so boring. I have better things to do than listen to people's problems. I can be fucking girls and going to parties, but no. My dad wants us to spent time as a family. My stepmom isn't my family.

Anyways today I have to go to his stupid office and watch him listen to people talking about their issues. Right now I'm walking to his office with my head down on my phone.

I then bump into someone and my phone drops to the floor. I was going to open my mouth to scold this person who did this, but I'm interrupted.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I hear a familiar girl voice say. I bend down to pick up my phone which thankfully didn't shatter and look up.

Kylie.

I shrug. "It's fine. It didn't crack." I say.

I look around to see Kyle next to a car on his phone and 2 guys next to him wrestling each other. I wonder if they are her older brothers. My mom told me that Kyle and Kylie went to live with their brothers. 

"They are my brothers. Sadly." Kylie sighs. I chuckle and look at my phone. 12:48. School is still going on. I didn't feel like going so I skipped this day.

"You didn't go to school?" I ask her putting my phone away.

"No. You?" She says.

"I didn't go either." I reply. 

There was a silence.

"Well, I have to go. I guess I'll probably see  you at school tomorrow?" I say.

"Yep. Well bye." She says.

"Bye." I say. I then walk away turning at the corner into an alley.

"Where were you dude?" Chase whispers.

"Sorry sorry. Jeez. I was talking to Kylie." I whisper back.

"Well as your second in command I'm telling you this.." Chase bends down to reach my ear. "You can put her in danger. You know the Reddins are after us. After killing their leader you know the deal." Chase whispers.

"I know I know!" I whisper yell. "Any new information?"

"H-Hunter. He's the new l-leader." Chase stutters through whispers.

"WHAT?!" I yell.

"Calm down. I have more." Chase whispers.

"What is it?" I ask. I'm trying hard not to punch my best friend. I know it's not his fault, but I'm on the urge of punching the brick wall behind him. I can't believe Hunter will do that! Ok, now I sound like a girl.

"His second in command is this guy from England. His name is Dylan Leslin. He recently moved here for some girl." Chase whispers.

"Do you know who the girl is?" I ask whispering.

"No. I'm getting Noah on it right now. Hold up. Lemme just text him." Chase whispers. He takes out his phone from his pocket and texts Noah.

"He said he'll be on it. He said wait a minute." Chase whispers.

There was a silence. I look out the alley to find Kylie talking to one of her brothers. She laughs and then he laughs.

*Ding*

Chase looks at his phone and his eyes widen.

"What?" I ask. He looks out the valley. I follow his gaze and it lands on Kylie.

"Kylie? Are you sure?" I whisper yell.

"Yep. There's more. He raped her and her and Kyle beat him up." Chase whispers.

"Let's talk about this at the warehouse." I say. We walk out the alley and enter my car.

"How's Melanie doing?" Chase asks me.

"She's doing great. Looking as beautiful as ever." I say looking at my black Mercedes e550 car.

I drive to the warehouse and when we get there we go to the Hacking Room where Noah is.

"Sup dude and boss!" Noah exclaims.

"Is it really Kylie?" I ask.

"Yep. I'm sure of it. I thought the same thing. I rechecked 4 times. Its her he's after." Noah says.

"How do we know its true or not that she has a past with him?" Chase asks.

"I'll get her to tell me." I say.

"What? What are you going to do?" Noah asks.

"I have to hang out with her and gain her trust. " I say. "Then when she tells me she trusts me I'll make her tell me her past with Dean or whatever his name is."

"Great idea boss." Chase smiles.

"She'll totally tell you. Start tomorrow." Noah suggests.

"But you have to be super careful. You don't want Hunter or Dylan finding out you know her. They might you know." Chase says.

"I know." I say. "I'll ask her to go to your party Chase."

Chase smiles.