•5•

Kylie POV

"What happened?" I wake up on the ground. I touch my head.
"Why does my head hurt?" I look up to see the boys yelling. I then see him. Jake.
I touch my lip and look at my finger.
Blood.
My legs were bruised and I lift up my shirt to find my bruise ever darker and bigger. I then remembered what happened.
The boys beat me up.
I slowly get up.
Then I run. Behind me I see them yelling for me to come back. No. I'm gonna keep on running and running until I stop.
I run so fast my legs starting hurting.
Finally...finally I get home. Thankfully dad wasn't there, but Kyle was there.
"Kylie?! What happened to you?!" Kyle exclaims.
"I'm ok. It's ok." I try to calm him down.
"Who did this to you Kai?!" Kyle's voice was filled with anger.
"The boys. It's fine. I'm used to it." I say. It's true. It wasn't as bad as dad's hitting. There was a silence.
"Ok. Let me help you get cleaned up." Kyle's voice sounded warm and comforting. I don't know what I'll do without him.
We walk to the bathroom and Kyle starts cleaning up my face. I look in the mirror. I had huge bruises on my face and my black eye has returned. I can cover the bruises with makeup but I don't know what I'll do with the eye. I know I'll figure it out though.
I lift up my shirt revealing my bruise.
"Oh shut Kai." Kyle curses.
"It's fine really." I assure him. I get the cotton ball and get the hydrogen peroxide and start cleaning the bruise.
"Ugh." I'm trying so hard not to scream. This burns.
By the time all my cuts and bruises are cleaned, I decide to go to bed.
I take a long, hot, relaxing shower. It burned my cut, but I ignored the pain.
Once I'm done with my shower I put on my pajamas and I get in bed.
I look at the ceiling thinking.
"Why was Jake there?" I asked myself. I sigh. "Why were the boys yelling at each other?"
Whatever it is, I hope I'm not the reason.
***
Today is Friday. Which means tomorrow is Saturday which means it's the weekend.
I get ready and go to the bathroom and start putting makeup on my face. I usually don't wear makeup. I'm more just lipstick. I like to go natural.
When I'm done I go downstairs to see Kyle.
"Hey Kay?" Kyle says.
"Yeah. Wassup?" I say.
"Where do you think dad went?" He asks.
"Pft. Why do you even care?" I ask. As long as I don't see his ugly face I'm fine.
"I don't know. It's just...weird." Kyle says.
"Yeah. It is weird...let's not think about it." I say. I grab a protein bar and we start walking to school.
When we get there there was a crowd of students surrounding something or someone.
I look at Kyle and he looks at me.
We walk to the crowd and what I see is just amazing.
Jake fighting some other dude.
He looks so hot fighting someone.
He punched the dude and the dude punches back, but Jake dodges the punch.
His muscles through his shirt flex while he punches and kick the other dude.
Sexy.
Then the dude falls to the floor. The crowd cheers and Jake leaves with an angry face.
I wonder why he's mad.
Oh well.
He won't talk to an ugly girl like me. People say I'm beautiful, but those boys are right.
I am ugly. With or without this disguise.
I walk away from the crowd with Kyle behind me. The crowd starts to break up and the students go their separate ways.
I look down as I walk. I really wish I wasn't here in California. I hate it already. In wish my dad wasn't my dad. I wish my mom never ran away from her family. I wish...I wish I wasn't here. In this world.
Bump
"Hey watch where your going you ugly geek." I hear a voice say. I look up to see a tall girl with red hair and hazel eyes. She's super skinny that she barely has boobs. But overall she looks pretty. She's model material. Tall and skinny. I'm skinny but not that skinny. I have some curves but she doesn't and I know for sure I'm not flat.
Hehe.
"Oh. Sorry." I say. I glare at her hazel eyes. Then her outfit.
Damn. She looks like a hoe. I bet she is one.
"Sorry won't help. You ruined my shirt you bitch." She says.
"Sorry. What the duck do you want me to do?" I say. She's starting to get on my nerves.
"Excuse me. Do you even know who you are talking to?" She says. She flips her hair without even touching it. I roll my eyes.
"No. And I obviously don't care." I say. Kyle looks at me and I look back. His glare is telling me to leave it and I nod. I try to walk away, but I'm stopped by a pale hand.
"I'm Tiffany Kingston. I'm the Queen Bee of Bay Shore High. Now you talk back to me there's gonna be issue." Tiffany says.
I scoff.
"Ok. Excuse me now." I say.
"You will regret this." Tiffany says.
"Actually she won't." Kyle buts in.
"You too!" Tiffany exclaims. She then walks away.
"She thinks she's cute don't you think?" Kyle says. She is pretty. Prettier than I'll ever be.
"Yeah. She wannabe bitch." I half lie. Kyle laughs and we go to first hour.
***
Lunch...
"So what's your 4th hour Kai?" Kyle asks me. Right now we are walking through the hallways and nobody is here.
"Gym." I say while taking off my retainer.
Kyle takes his off too showing off his perfect white straight teeth.
"We have nice teeth don't you think sis?" Kyle jokes.
"Yeah. I'm getting hot with this wig bro." I say. I take off my black bob hair revealing my long brown hair and I also take off my glasses. Kyle does the same.
"Skip?" Kyle asks.
"Skip." I say. We put are stuff in our backpacks and leave the school. I guess we are starting our first weekend in California early.
We decide to go home and when we get there it isn't a pretty sight.
Dad. With a mad mad face.
Oh shit.
What did we do this time?
"What's w-wrong d-dad?" I stutter.
"Guess who I saw today?" He says with an evil smirk.
"W-who?" Kyle stutters.
"Your mother." Dad replays.