•4•

Kylie POV

The sun was shining right down at us. My hair was getting super hot.
"Where do you think we should go sis?" Kyle asks.
"Probably the park?" I say. I was unsure.
"Good idea...where is it though?" Kyle says. I pull out my phone and go on Google Maps.
"Let's see where Google takes us." I say.
We walk forward then turn left. And then left again.
"You have arrived at your destination." Google says.
I put my phone away on in my back pockets.
"This is quite a park." Kyle states.
"It sure is." I agreed.
The park was huge with several shady oak trees. The grass was a perfect and healthy green. A couple miles away was a little park for the kids to play on. There was kids playing tag on the open green area and dogs catching frisbees. Some people were sitting on benches reading a book. How relaxing. There-
"What do you want to do?" Kyle asks interrupting my thoughts.
I look around. There was a stake park.
"How bout skating?" I say. Back in England Kyle and I skated all the time. We know how to do the same tricks cause we practiced and learned together. We brought our boards to California but they are back in the house.
I can hear mine calling me.
'Get me please!'
'Ride me please!'
"Ok. Sounds like fun." Kyle says.
We walk towards the skate park to find something good.
Jk. The opposite of good.
Bad.
The boys who were hitting Kyle and I.
Everyone. Even that boy who grabbed my wrists.
"Wassup dudes!" One guy exclaimed. "I'm Chase."
So Chase was the guy I bumped into.
"Sup. I'm Noah." The other guy said.
Noah was the guy In punched cause he punched Kyle. I was just being a good twin sister.
"Hey." Kyle and I say together. Now we are both nervous. When we're nervous we talk at the same time. Great.
"And I'm Jake." Another guy says. So Jake is the boy who grabbed my wrist and who stopped the fight. Kyle and I both smile. Again, when we are both nervous we do the same thing. Waving, talking, smiling... etc.
"Are you guys like twins or something?" Noah asks.
"Yeah." We reply.
"So what's your names dudes?" Chase asks.
"Kyle and Kylie." We say.
"Do you guys always talk like this? At the same time?" Jake asks.
"Sometimes. We usually talk by ourselves." We reply. I bet we are starting to creep them out. There was a silence. I look at Kyle and Kyle looks at me.
Awkward.
"Well...we are gonna leave." Kyle and I say. We starting walking away and starting going somewhere else. Far from them.
"Well...that was uncomfortable." Kyle says.
"Yeah. Wanna go home?" I ask. I was starting to get tired.
"Yep." Kyle replies. We start walking home with the help of Google of course.
***
The next morning I woke up with messy hair. I had a nightmare again. It's just I can't stop replaying what happened that night.
I get off my bed and start getting ready. Day 2 of being Ugly Nerds.
When I'm done I go downstairs and grab an apple. Today we walk to school.
"Good morning Kai." Kyle greets me.
"Good morning bro." I greet back. Kyle as always is eating his disgusting favorite cereal...Fruit Loops. Ugh. Lucky Charms is so much better.
After like 15 minutes we head out the house and start walking to school.
***
When we get to school we sadly encounter Chase and Noah.
"Didn't we teach you geeks a lesson?" Noah says with an evil smirk. It reminds me of my dad's smirk right before he hits us. I look at the floor.
"No cause you left with the most bruises on your faces." Kyle argues.
There was a silence. Before Chase or even Noah can say anything... Jake comes in the conversation.
"There better not be another fight." He says. He is just so damn sexy. I keep looking at the floor. I feel him staring deep at my soul.
"No." Kyle says. My brother grabs my wrist and takes us to first hour.
"You think he's cute don't you?" Kyle asks me.
"Yes. But he looks like a player." I say.
"Good observation. I do t want to see you getting hurt again." Kyle says. Like yesterday we the first to be in the classroom. Then the bell rings and people start filling the seats.
***
After school...
"Kyle I'm gonna stay here and go to the library." I say. I usually don't go to libraries but I like to read.
"Ok. Bye." Kyle says.
"Bye." I say back with a smile.
Kyle is then no where in sight.
When I go inside the library there are thousands of books. This library was sure huge. I love it!
I go to the fiction section and pick out a book.
"The Return Of His Shadow." I whisper to myself.
I decided to get it cause the first book was incredible.
"The Angels."
Yes.
"How to be a Good Sister."
No. Cause I already am a good sister.
I continue checking out more and more books until I reach 20 books.
I walk over to the desk to check out.
"Card?" The woman asks.
"Card? What do you mean?" I ask.
"You have to have a library card to check these books out." The woman says. I groan. I'm gonna try to keep my patience.
"I'm sorry. But I don't have one. I'm new here." I say with a fake smile.
"Very well. Imma let you go on this one. Just don't tell anyone." She whispers.
I smile at her. A real smile.
"Thank you." I say.
I then leave and go out of the school. The 20 books were stacked right on top of each other. I couldn't see shit cause it was taller than me so I had to look at my get and right and I also had to look down.
Thump.
"Sorry." Someone says. My books were now all over the ground. I look up. The crowd of boys and Noah and Chase. Great. Just great.
"What do you want?" I ask confidently.
"Oh nothing big. Just for you and your ugly brother to get the hell outta here." Chase says.
"Bay Shore High isn't for ugly people like you two." Noah says.
There was a silence.
"Sorry. But we can't leave this school." I say.
"Well you will after this." Chase says.
I was then surrounded by the boys. They had evil looking smirks on their pretty faces.
Next thing I knew...everything went black.