Chapter Fourteen

(A/N: Just so everybody knows Saige is on birth control so there will be no babies. Obviously neither of them are ready for kids so no babies for a while. And another thing, Ayla will not be in the story.)

Saige was sitting on the couch as she watched TV with three of the four dogs. Logan was at Vidcon currently and he had Kong with him. Saige stayed back because she had a lot of work still at the animal shelter.

Interrupting her TV time, Saige's phone started to ring. She looked at it to see Logan was FaceTiming her.

"Yo, look at my toe." Logan said before Saige had a chance to say anything.

"What did you do?" Saige asked with a smile on her face.

"Basically, I created a riot and had to run away because there were so many people there."

"These are the reasons why I don't go to stuff like this. Don't get me wrong, it makes you happy but it's safer for me to stay here."

"You know I like it when you come with me."

"Well when you do stuff like this, it's probably safer for me to stay here. I'm surprised you haven't died yet." Saige smiled when she heard Logan laughing on the other end. "Evan, you're supposed to make sure he doesn't get into stuff like this." Evan was heard laughing as well.

"What am I supposed to do? I almost died too."

"Talk him out of it next time." Logan, Saige, and Evan all laughed. "I need Logan to come back in one piece, not a bunch of pieces."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After talking with Logan for almost two hours last night, Saige ended up passing out on the couch with all three of the dogs.

Logan and Evan got back to the house around 10:00 the next morning. Evan had come to visit Logan and was staying with them in the guest room that had been set up for him. They walked into the house to find Saige sleeping on the couch on her stomach. Dusty was somehow lying in between her and the couch with his head on her back, the way he always sleeps with her. Sandy was curled up in a ball between Saige's legs. Brodie was lying in between Saige's feet.

"Does he always sleep like that?" Evan asked, referring to the way Dusty was sleeping.

"Yeah, ever since I've known Saige." Logan replied. The dogs lifted their heads and wagged their tails when the saw Logan. Dusty wagged his tail but didn't move. "That's his way of protecting her. When I'm not here, I can count on him to be there for her." Dusty got down and went outside with the other three dogs. Evan had gone to his room to unpack his stuff.

Logan came back inside and sat on his knees beside the couch. He rubbed Saige's arm and kissed the side of her head. Saige mumbled something and turned her head, blinking her eyes open.

"What time is it?" Saige asked and let out a yawn.

"Like 10:00. You always seem to sleep on the couch when I'm not here."

"I can hear the door easier when I'm done here."

"Next time you should come with and stay in the hotel at least. I know you don't like being here by herself when I'm not here."

"I'll be fine. I need to learn to how to be by myself. I can't always have you here because you do have to travel and you have to film."

"You can still come with me when I have to film." Saige half smiled. Logan rubbed her forehead with his thumb. "Are we still doing the photo shoots today?"

"Yeah, if you have time today." Saige replied.

"I don't film until tomorrow so I have all the time today."