Chapter Four

(6 Weeks Later)- Brodie is 6 months old & Nova is 8 weeks old

Saige sat in the office as she worked on putting the dogs up for adoption on the shelter's website. Brodie and Dusty were lying on their dog beds and Maverick sat on Saige's shoulder. Saige is the only other person that Maverick likes other than Logan.

Hearing the door open, Saige looked back to see Logan walk in the office.

"It's 3:00 in the morning." Logan said as he sat down next to Saige.

"I couldn't sleep so I'm trying to get the website updated." Saige spoke as she went through the files on each dog. "What are you doing up?"

"I'm used to sleeping next to you so when you're not in bed, it's hard for me to sleep." Saige smiled and felt Logan's chin rest on her shoulder.

Saige gave up on the website about an hour later and laid back in bed with Logan and the dogs. She lay in bed and let her hands run through Logan's hair as he began to fall asleep. Doing that always seemed to help Logan relax.

Finally, Saige ended up falling asleep.

---------------------

Saige woke up around 12:00 in the afternoon and heard Logan vlogging downstairs. Dusty and Brodie laid in the bed with her as well. Saige got out of bed and walked downstairs and into the kitchen to find Logan talking to his camera.

"She's awake." Logan said as Saige put her hair into a messy ponytail. She smirked and rolled her eyes. "She's crabby when she wakes up."

"I'm not crabby, Logan just has too much energy for me when I wake up." Saige finally replied as she looked at the camera. Logan put his arm on Saige's shoulders making her smile.

"This girl means a lot to me." Logan said into the camera. "She puts up with my crazy schedule and the dumb things I do. I honestly don't know if I'd be this happy without her." Saige put her arms around Logan and he smiled. "It means a lot to me that you guys support us because I don't plan on leaving her anytime soon." Logan turned off his camera and sat it down. Saige turned around completely and looked at Logan with a smile.

"You caught me off guard with that." Saige said and Logan grasped either side of her jaw. Logan smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I meant what I said. You mean the world to me and you've made my world a lot better since you said yes to me."

"I had nobody else so I really didn't have a choice." Saige smirked making Logan smile. He then leaned down and kissed Saige. Her hands wrapped around his arms as she kissed back. Saige wrapped her arms around Logan's neck. The kiss slowly got very heated and Logan pulled Saige impossibly closer to him. "Your poster still doesn't help either."

"Which one?" Saige smiled and let her hands rest on Logan's hips underneath his shirt.

"I'm sure you can figure it out." It took Logan a couple of seconds to realize she was talking about the poster of Logan completely naked with only the globe covering his front. "As much as I really want to do this right now, we need to pack for tonight." Saige smiled and pecked Logan's lips. "It means a lot that you would spend even more money on each dog to fly them out with us."

"You refuse to let me leave the dogs here so I really had no choice." Logan replied as he followed Saige upstairs.

As they walked in the bedroom, Saige felt Logan's hands rest her hips. He nuzzled the side of Saige's neck, causing goosebumps to appear. Logan's hands then rested on her stomach. Saige put her hands on top of Logan's and let her head fall back on his shoulder.

"I love you." Logan said softly. Saige turned around and jumped, wrapping her legs around Logan's waist. Logan caught her and let his hands rest on her butt. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she kissed him. "Should we pack?" Saige smiled and pecked his lips again.

"We probably should so we can go." Saige answered and dropped her legs.

The two managed to finish all the packing that needed to be done and made their drive to the airport with the dogs and Maverick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planed landed in Ohio at around 5:00 in the morning. They got the dogs from luggage and Pam, Logan's mom, was there to pick them up.

"It's good to see you." Pam said as she hugged Saige.

"I missed Ohio." Saige replied making the three of them laugh. Dusty and Brodie wagged their tails as Pam gave them some attention and they finally got in the car. About half way to the house, Saige ended up passing out in the backseat with the dogs.

They finally arrived at the house and Saige was still asleep. Logan got out of the car and carefully opened the car door. Pam helped get the dogs and Maverick out of the car. Rather than waking Saige up, Logan carefully helped Saige out of the car and carried her inside. Pam smiled as she watched Logan carry Saige upstairs. This was the first time in a long time that she's ever seen Logan so serious about a girl.

Upstairs, Logan gently laid Saige on the bed. Saige rolled over onto her back and Dusty climbed into bed, plopping down against her back. Logan smiled and rubbed Dusty's forehead.

"Watch over her." Logan said and Dusty's head laid down. He leaned down and kissed the side of Saige's forehead. Logan then walked downstairs and sat down in the kitchen. He could feel tears forming in his eyes.

"Logan, what's wrong?" Pam asked when she saw that Logan was almost about to cry.

"I don't know why she trusts me." Logan replied as he wiped the tears away that started to fall.

"What do you mean? She adores you."

"She's told me a lot more now that we're dating. From what she's been through, I don't understand why she trusts me. Saige deserves so much better but she puts up with me."

---------------------------

Saige slept for a little over four hours. She came downstairs to find Logan sitting in the kitchen working on editing the vlog.

"You feel better?" Pam asked making Saige smile.

"A little bit, I probably needed the sleep." Saige replied as Brodie jumped up on her.

"I'm making breakfast if you want some."

"Sure, thank you." Dusty jumped up and put his front paws on Saige's lap.

"How long have you had him?" Pam asked as she started to cook eggs.

"I've had Dusty since about a month before I turned eighteen. I managed to talk my then foster mom into letting me adopt him. I've had him since. He's been my buddy. Logan wanted a dog and I kind of wanted a second one, so we got Brodie. We would've left them but since Jake is here, Logan spent the extra money to fly the dogs with us."

"I have to go get my wisdom teeth out." Logan chimed in making Saige laugh.

"This is going to be good. I haven't had mine out yet." Saige replied and leaned her head on Logan's shoulder.

"Let's hope you get yours out so I can make fun of you." Saige smiled making Logan chuckle.

"You know, your son is leaving me here to go to Roman Atwood's house."

"That's not very nice, Logan." Pam teased and Logan acted like he was defended. Saige laughed and stood up, going to fill the dogs' food bowls.

"Well, I'm going two hours away for two reasons. Roman Atwood and your Christmas present." Logan chimed in.

"Whatever you say, Logan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Logan didn't get back from Roman Atwood's house until about 10:00 at night. Saige was asleep in bed because she was still exhausted. Dusty and Brodie's heads sat up as the Logan's bedroom door open. Logan walked and the two dogs' tails started to wag.

Waking up from the movement of their tails, Saige looked up as Logan walked in with a little blue kitten in his hands. She smiled as Logan sat down on the bed.

"It's an early Christmas present." Logan said as he handed the kitten to Saige.

"Thank you, Logan." Saige replied as the kitten curled up on Saige's chest and fell asleep. The two of them cuddled up together and fell asleep."