Chapter Twelve

(Quick A/N: I just want to say before any of you start to think Saige is going to get pregnant because they don't use protection, she does take birthday control obviously. No Paul babies until at least after they finally tie the knot.)

(Almost Two Weeks Later)

Saige, Beth, Victoria, Tyler, even Drake and Kyle were all working on putting dog kennels up at the new property in Lancaster that Kathy agreed to buying. Rather than extending, Kathy had decided to move the entire shelter to the new location. The place already had a barn but they were going to work on building outdoor pens and lean-to shelters for other animals. They had the idea of putting up community kennels that could house up to four or five dogs as well as solo kennels in case certain dogs couldn't be around other dogs. Aside from the kennels, there was a fairly large house that would be used for the animals as well.

"I think this was a good move for us." Victoria said as she and Saige worked together to finish one of the 50+ kennels. Saige's three dogs were in the house taking some much needed naps.

"I just thought that rather than the dogs and cats being locked in the kennels and cages, we could do this and the dogs could be able to run." Saige replied as they put the gate on the kennel. "And since we were getting a lot of calls about farm animals as well so this was a good move."

Saige looked back at the large kennel built around the house to see the property's very first six resident dogs watching them. All five dogs had been abandoned by their owners, dropped off on the door step within the first week of the kennels being built; Jack is a dark tan and white Pekingese mix, Hercules is a dark red/brown and white Pitbull around a year old, Tommy is a tan German Shepherd mix, Buddy is a black and white Pitbull Great Dane type mix, and Marley is a black, tan, and white Rottweiler Husky type mix. All six showed days after each other.

"It amazes me that as soon as we put word out that were moving to this location that people abandoned their dogs here." Saige said with a little bit of irritating in her voice.

"Well I heard from one of the fosters that we have, that this area is where a lot of people tend to abandon dogs." Victoria replied as Saige walked over to the gate. The dogs' tails wagged as they jumped on the fences.

"I just don't understand how people can be so heartless when it comes to their animals."

"Some people are but the world has people like you with good hearts. Can I be honest about something?" Saige looked at Victoria and nodded. "When Beth brought you home for the first time, I knew, even after everything you had gone through, you had a big heart. I knew that this is what you'd be doing one day. I've never met a girl that went through what you went through that is now doing well. I do know that Logan has had a hand in helping you get to where you are now." Saige smiled.

"If I hadn't met Beth or Logan in high school, I don't think I'd be here right now. I don't know where I'd be right now." Saige opened the gate, allowing Hercules and Marley out since they were the only two who listened and stayed around everybody that was there.

Saige's phone dinged and she pulled her phone out. She saw that Logan had text her.

From Logan: Watch the vlog

Saige went inside with Hercules and Marley behind her to take a short break and to watch the vlog. She sat down in the corner of one of the rooms with her three dogs and the two others. She watched the video. Saige walked the vlog until the end and smiled.

"Before I end this vlog, I just want to say thank you to my amazing fiancé. I've been back and forth a while and she's put up with us not being able to see each other as much as we'd like right now. I just want her to know how much I love her and how thankful I am for her supporting me and sticking with me."