Chapter Seven

Saige sat in her office at the shelter as she scrolled through the shelter's website making sure everything was up to date. There was a knock on her office door and she looked up to see Victoria standing there.

"Hey, what's up?" Saige asked, and Victoria opened the bottom part of the door.

All the office doors were like stall doors. You can open the top part and bottom part separately. Like most of the offices, Saige had the top part open.

"Who is this?" Saige asked again when Victoria brought in a scared looking yellow lab mix.

"This is Sandy." Victoria replied as Sandy walked over to Saige with her tail ducked in between her legs. "She was dropped off in the overnight kennels and she's been super nervous. All the other offices have dogs already and Sandy needs to just be by herself for a little bit."

"That's fine. She can stay in here if she needs to."

"One other thing." Victoria said and smiled.

"What's that?" Saige questioned because she was a little confused.

"You've been doing a lot for me and taken up a lot of slack after two staff members quit...I want to ask you...if you would like to step up as co-owner of the shelter?"

"Wait? Really?"

"Absolutely. I originally asked Beth but she said you deserved it more. You will help me hire new staff and do everything I do."

"I would love too. I wasn't expecting this at all." Victoria nodded her head.

"I've known you a long time and I see potential in you, so I want you to be my partner and co-owner."

"Of course, I will. Thank you so much."

"You're very welcome. I will get everything situated and I will actually move you to a bigger office when everything is settled."

"Thank you." Victoria walked out, and Saige couldn't stop smiling. This was completely unexpected, but she was very happy about it. Her phone went off and she looked at to see she had been tagged in something on Instagram from Logan. It was a picture of him and Saige at their high school graduation that Pam had taken with the caption Nobody loves their girlfriend as much as I love mine.

Saige smiled again and immediately commented on the picture with And she loves you too.

Saige looked down at Sandy who was lying on her dog bed. Sandy looked up at Saige but still stayed in her position.

"Logan is going to kill me." Saige said to herself. "You want to go for a walk?" Sandy slowly stood up and walked over to the door. Saige clipped the leash on her harness and walked out of her office and locked the door.

"You taking another one home?" Victoria asked as Saige clocked out.

"Maybe, she just seemed so lonely. And I feel like if introduce her to the boys, it might help." Saige replied with a nod.

"Alright, just let me know what you decide."

Saige made it home about thirty minutes later. Logan's car was gone so she assumed he had gone out. She drove up the driveway and pushed the button and the electronic gate closed.

Immediately, Dusty and Brodie started barking which caught Sandy's attention. She smiled when she saw Sandy's tail slightly wag.

As Saige and Sandy walked into the house, Brodie and Dusty appeared at the top of the stairs and their tails wagged fast when they saw Sandy.

"You two be nice." Saige said. She walked Sandy up the stairs and the two dogs sniffed her and tried to get her to play. Saige walked over to the back door and as soon as it was open, all three dogs ran into the backyard.