Chapter Ten

(Sunday April 2, 2017)

"Babe, come on, get up." Logan said as he rubbed Saige's arm. Saige mumbled something and her eyes finally opened.

"Where are we going?" Saige asked as she looked at Logan. He rubbed Saige's forehead as she let out yawn.

"Me, you, my parents, Jake, and your parents are all going to breakfast."

"My parents are going?" Saige asked as she lifted her head.

"Yeah, they called and asked what we were doing today. I told them that we were going for breakfast and they said they wanted to come."

"Why is everybody coming?"

"Because everybody wants to celebrate your birthday."

"Okay. I'm getting up." Logan leaned down and kissed the side of Saige's head.

"Happy birthday, babe." Saige smiled and then Logan walked out.

---------------------------

Everybody met up at Denny's once again but this time they were joined by Beth and her boyfriend, Tyler. They all sat around a big table as they ate breakfast in celebration of Saige's twenty second birthday.

"What's up with the April babies?" Greg asked as everybody ate.

"Ask the parents." Saige replied and took a drink of her orange juice. "Logan on the first, me on the second, and both Beth and Tyler on the twenty-third."

"Don't forget you have a cousin on the sixth." Drake chimed in.

"I have a serious question thought and it's probably early to ask." Pam spoke up. "Have either of you ever thought about kids way in the future?"

"Really mom?" Logan asked.

"Hey, you know I want grandkids in the future." Saige really had no idea what to respond with. She was terrified to even think about having kids at some point because of what happened with her and her parents. Saige is always scared to death that if she did have kids in the future that something would happen. Logan knew this because Saige talked to him about it in the past.

"Possibly at some point but way in the future." Logan said once again.

"I really haven't thought about kids." Saige finally spoke up. Logan looked at her. "My pets are my kids right now. I'm not prepared mentally for kids."

Everybody continued to eat but Saige continued to look about the "kids" situation. She and Logan obviously had this conversation once when they were kids and another time just shortly after Saige's twentieth birthday.

After breakfast, everybody decided to go the same place that Logan went to when he got his colorblind glass because Saige loved the view. The two just stood there, arms around each other as they looked at the view. Saige loved coming here to just think about things.

"I want to tell you something." Logan said making Saige look at him and he looked at her. Saige had no idea that Jake was vlogging them. "You remember the first time I kissed you?"

"Of course, I do. You surprised me and we didn't start dating until two months after that."

"I remember thinking how cute I thought you were and that I wasn't going to let any other kid have you." Saige smiled. "Yeah, I was a stupid kid who was probably just following the wrong head."

"Logan, where is this going?" Saige asked and she saw his eyes watering up with tears again.

"Somewhere I didn't think it'd be going anytime soon."