Chapter 25

Elena's POV

Last night I didn't stay at the little house that Damon and I rented, Klaus and Caroline wanted us to stay at the their house in the quarter. They wanted to keep us safe, also Blake was still out there somewhere. Klaus wasn't really that worried Blake would do something that could hurt them, but he wanted to make him suffer for hurting and lying to Rebekah. So that was the plan for the day, finding Blake. I wasn't sure what they would do to him. He did hurt me but I didn't want him dead, he wanted revenge and honestly...if I was him, I would have done the same. 

"What are you thinking about" Damon asked startling me.

"Just about everything that happened.." I replied. Damon saw how sad I was "Well, I think we should think about something fun...like our next destination..or our wedding" he said with a big smile on his face, it caused me to smile instantly. "I love it when you smile" he said hugging me. "And I love you" I said as I kissed him.

Caroline's POV

I woke up with strong arms around me. I could get used to this, I could get used to the safe and warm feeling it gave me. 

When you fist wake up, you don't think about all the bad things. It's like they never happened. I love that feeling, like everything is right...there are no problems, but then it all comes back. All the bad things come back and then you wish you just never woke up in the first place. I felt so guilty for what happened. 

"Klaus, it's all my fault." I whispered. I didn't know if he was awake, but I had to say it.

"What?" 

"I encouraged Rebekah to be with Blake, I should have looked more into it."

"Love..stop it, nothing of this is your fault. To be exact, you actually saved us."

I gave a confused look but I decided to let it go.

Elijah's POV

I wasn't present to witness what happened yesterday, but Kol had informed me. I needed to talk to my sister, to discuss what she wanted to do with Blake. I went downstairs to have breakfast, Rebekah was already there. I took my place next to her, she gave me a faint smile.

"I assume you want to talk about what happened." she said without giving me a glance.

"Yes, I would like you to tell me what you want to do with him. Today we will find him."

"I want him dead." she said sipping her drink, showing no emotion.

"Are you sure about that, you did lo-" 

"Yes Elijah" she said cutting me off.

"As you wish" I said. I honestly didn't care about his future, I just wanted to know what my sister wanted.

"No, you can't kill him." Elena said walking into the room. I gave her a confused look. 

"Elena, didn't you just almost die because of him?" I asked.

"Yes..but I get why he did that, I know what he did was wrong. But he did it out of revenge for his family. Elijah wouldn't you have done the same? I know I would have.." she said.

"Then what do you propose? We can't just let him go." I said.

"You compel him to forget what happened, you make him forget that Klaus killed his entire family. You will tell him to have a happy life far away from here." she said.

Rebekah gave Elena an approving look.

"But Elena, why would you want that?" I asked.

"I don't want anymore people to die...I'm done with that." she said. It shocked me how forgiving she was. 

"I want to do it." Rebekah said all of the sudden.