Chapter 10

Caroline's POV

"Come on, let's dance!!" Rebekah said. We went to the dance floor and started dancing like crazy, we were jumping on the beat. 

"Hey girls, mind if I join you guys?" a handsome guy asked. "dance with us!" Rebekah spatted out. He seemed really into Rebekah. "So what is your name" the man asked while looking at Rebekah. "I'm Rebekah" she said still dancing like crazy. 

"Nice to meet you Rebekah, I'm Blake" He said whilst kissing her hand. All of the sudden the crazy beat stopped and a slow song began to play. 

"Would you like to dance" Blake asked Rebekah. I was still standing in the middle of the dance floor. 

"And now I'm alone" I mumbled. 

"Can I have the honor of dancing with you" a familiar voice said. I quickly turned around to see Klaus standing in front of me with his hand reached out to me. When I decided to take it, I saw a small smile forming on Klaus's lips. "You look amazing in that dress" he said. "Thank you" I blushed. There was a long silence of Klaus just looking at me, I tried to break the silence.

"So I just wanted to apologize for what happened this morning..it was weird" "You seem to apologize a lot lately..No need to say sorry love". I didn't say anything, I just gave him a shy smile. We were now so close to each other that I could hear his heartbeat clearly. I knew he could hear mine to, that he could hear my heartbeat going fast as hell. 

"Why are you nervous love?" he asked looking right in my eyes. I didn't know what to do or what to say. 

Rebekah's POV

I was dancing with this handsome guy named Blake. 'He is so nice and he's a true gentleman, basically perfect' I was thinking. "A penny for your thoughts.." Blake said. "I'm just happy to be here..with you" I said. Was I already falling for Blake? For a guy I just met? He chuckled and a smirk appeared on his face. He seemed happy. 

Caroline's POV

"When will the music change to something..faster" I asked. It was the only thing I could think off. "I made sure this will play the rest of the night" he told me with a smirk. 

"I would like to go somewhere else" I said. "Anywhere" he said with a smile on his face. First I tried to look for Rebekah, when I spotted her I gave her a sign that I would leave. I saw that she didn't mind. "Rebekah really seems to like that Blake guy" I told Klaus. "Yeah, we will see how that ends.." he said. 

"So where do you want to go?" he asked me. "I don't know, just not here.." I said while we were walking away from the party. We were walking, it was dark and the stars were shining. There was a cold breeze which felt good. Everything felt so right and that made me smile. 

"Why are you smiling" Klaus asked with a big smile on his face. 

"For such a long time everything that happened, everything that I did felt wrong...and now, walking under the stars with you..it's the first time in a very long time that something feels right and that feeling makes me happy" 

I told him with a shy smile on my face. Suddenly he stopped walking, he took my hand turning me to him. He was looking right in my eyes and I was looking in his. He came closer to me, so close that I could feel his breath on my skin. I was still looking right into his eyes, for some reason I couldn't move, I didn't want to move. All I wanted was to stand there with him. Suddenly he came even closer and he kissed me, I hesitantly kissed him back. I didn't back away, I didn't want to. This felt so right, like it had to be this way.