Chapter 19

Caroline's POV

Damon, Elena and I had that dinner that they wanted to surprise me with. We talked for hours and honestly...it felt so good talking to them. I forgot how much I had missed them. We talked about my time in New Orleans and their time at places all over the world. I couldn't help but feeling a little jealous, I wanted to travel the world as well but it's just never the right time. They talked about their wedding and about children that they might want in the future. That's the one thing I feel sad about being a vampire, not being able to have kids although I still prefer being a vampire. 

"We will stay here for a week so we have time to catch up" Elena said "Then we leave again" she said with a sad smile.

"But...we will see you soon, at our wedding..right Elena?" Damon said smiling.

"Yeah that's right!! And we will still call at least every week!" Elena said

"Hey hey hey, you're acting like this is goodbye already" I laughed "I will see you later" I added.

Elena and Damon hugged me before they left the hotel. 

I finished packing my stuff to go 'home'. It still felt weird thinking about the fact that I would be living with the original family.... 

When I arrived to their..my house, I walked inside finding the whole family sitting in the living room. It seemed like they were waiting for me. 

"Careeee" Rebekah said running into my arms. 

Everyone else just kept sitting still with pokerfaces. "Um okay..why is everyone sitting awkwardly on the couch?" no response. I started to get nervous. "D-did I do something w-wrong?" All of the sudden the light turned off and a loud noise pained my ears. "What the hell".

When the light was turned back on there was confetti everywhere "WELCOME HOME" they all yelled when they appeared in front of me. "Omg what??? Okay..that was just creepy " I laughed. 

"It's your welcome home party!!" Kol yelled "it was Klaus's idea" he said smirking. 

I looked at Klaus en gave him a smile that got immediately returned. "This was your idea" I asked full of disbelief. 

"Come on love" he said "I know how much you love these things, it's not...really..my thing" he said looking for the right words "but for you..I can get through it..I guess" he smiled. 

"And by the way sister, you were meant to sit on the couch.." Kol said annoyed

"I'm sorry, I was too excited" she said making me laugh

"Thank you Klaus" I said giving him a sincere smile "actually I want to thank everyone...since I got here, you guys have been nothing but kind to me. So...thanks!!" Everyone gave me a big smile before Rebekah saying "SO LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!" 

As soon as the music started playing we all started dancing like crazy. I mean..not everyone...Klaus Elijah and Finn were just drinking, standing at the bar. I wanted to go over to them to make them dance. 

But before I could Kol grabbed my arm "stay" he said "dance with me" I took his offer and started dancing with him. it felt amazing, just going crazy without a care in the world. "So what's going on with you and my brother" he said smirking. "U-uh what do you mean??" I asked. "Darling, I see the way you look at him. One day, you will have to admit it..even if it's just for yourself. You can't keep lying, it will break you.." it looked like he really cared..but why?? "Why do you care?" I asked as polite as I could in a sentence like that. "Because for some odd reason I care for you, I want you to be happy Care...I know I don't really know you that well yet to care so much but.. I just know you're special and my brother really deserves someone amazing like you" he said with a sincere smile on his face. I hugged him, I just couldn't help it "Thank you Kol" I said while walking away and taking a deep breath. "Good luck" I heard him whisper.

Kol's POV

"Wow, that was by far the nicest thing you have ever done.." Rebekah told me. "She deserves it" I replied. "You like her...right?" she asked carefully probably trying not to piss me off. "It doesn't matter, she clearly loves Nik and I don't want to be in her way to happiness." "Wow Kol... I never thought I would say this...but I feel bad for you" "I'm happy being her friend, sister..really!" she hugged me and then I saw Caroline hesitating to walk over to Nik, she took another big breath and confidently walked over to him. I smiled.