Chapter 18

Klaus's POV

I knew that I would win.... If it hadn't been for the prize, I would have gladly let Caroline win. The alternative wouldn't have been so bad, doing what Caroline says for a week...meaning being around Caroline for another week...But this, is still better. She will stay at my house, at least for a while. 

We took a cab to Caroline's hotel to get her stuff. Rebekah and Kol came along, they were both too excited so they were determined to come. 

Me, Caroline and my sister were in the back and Kol was in front. I tried to read Caroline's facial expressions to know how she was feeling about this. When she noticed I was staring at her she gave me a small smile, she grabbed my hand and interlocked her fingers with mine before looking back at the passing cars. At first I was surprised but then I smiled and did the same as Caroline, looking at the passing cars. 

The whole car ride was quiet except for Rebekah and Kol exchanging some words.

After not so long the car stopped to indicate we had arrived. She let go of my hand as I got out of the car and I held the door open for her. Then I closed the door "HEY" Rebekah yelled. She opened the door "thank you Nik, such a gentleman" she said as she stepped out of the car in a sarcastic way which made Kol and Caroline laugh. 

"So,let's pack" I said joyfully as we made our way to the room. Caroline opened the door and gasped "omg" she breathed while she held her hands to her mouth. "What is it?" I asked. 

Caroline's POV

When I opened the door I gasped. My eyes went wide and I held my hands to my mouth. "omg" I said under my breath. I heard Klaus ask "what is it?" but I didn't reply. I ran towards the surprise sitting on my bed. 

"Elena" I gasped while hugging her. 

"I decided to pay you a visit" she said smiling. "Oh hello Klaus, Rebekah and Kol" she said when she noticed them. 

"What a lovely surprise" Rebekah said sarcastically rolling her eyes. 

"Bekah!" I warned her. I knew that there hated each other, but they seriously had to get over it. 

"Where is Damon" I asked when I noticed her fiancé wasn't around.

"We were supposed to surprise you with a dinner, he is buying food right now. There goes our surprise" she laughed. 

"This surprise will do" I said while hugging her again. 

"Well, that dinner won't happen since Caroline came here to pack her bags to come live with us" Rebekah said with hatred in her voice. 

"What...you're going to move in with them???" Elena asked shocked. She raised an eyebrow waiting for my response. 

"Yeah.." I replied shyly. "Do you have a problem with that?" I asked.

"Uh..no Care, I mean..It's just going very fast" she said.

"Don't worry darling, it's because she lost a bet" Kol said with a smirk.

"A bet?" Elena asked confused.

"She thought she was better at bowling than me..She thought wrong" Klaus answered smiling at me. 

"Really Care...How can you lose at bowing?? You were the bowling champion in high school" Elena laughed.

Klaus laughed "Wow, I don't remember seeing that on your Miss Mystic Application" 

"Hey! Shut up, all of you!" I said. 

"We don't have all day Care, hurry up" Rebekah said clearly annoyed. 

"Bekah, please be nicer..." I pleaded "and you guys can already go, I will come later" 

When they left I turned back to Elena "Wow, she hasn't really improved her skills on being nice.." she said with sadness in her voice.

"If you give her some time she will realize how amazing you are" I said trying to comfort her. 

"Maybe...I mean I get why she hates me" she scoffed. "But enough about me, how are you doing?" she asked.

"Really, how am I doing...I just lost a bet and I have to go live with the Mikaelsons" I laughed. "No really, I'm going great! A lot of things happened that I would have never expected to happen."

"Like?" 

"Rebekah became like a sister to me these past few days, Kol and I are sorta friends, Elijah is just nice as always, I met Freya, she is what they call 'the long lost older sister' and Finn..well there's not much to say, I haven't seen him in a while"

"What another one of them" she said shocked and laughing. 

"Oh yeah and I have this friend, Marcel. OMG I HAVEN'T TOLD YOU YET.  So you remember the dreams I had?" 

"Yes?" 

"Well...That was Marcel, not Klaus.."

"And now the guy is your friend" she questioned.

"Yep.." 

"You make totally no sense" she said laughing.

"But what about Klaus??" she asked smirking.

"Uh-um-"

"-Am I interrupting something?" someone said standing in the doorway.

"Damon" I ran towards him and hugged him. "I missed you too blondie"