Chapter 8

Caroline's POV

"What have I done" "no he deserved it" I mumbled in a quiet crying voice. I went to the bathroom and wiped my tears away. I took a long shower, it felt peaceful standing under streaming water with my eyes closed. I forgot about everything, I forgot about the world, the problems. When I was finished showering I covered myself with a towel. I left the bathroom to grab some clothes. 

"Caroline" a man said, I looked over to the man and I tried to attack him. "Easy easy, I'm not here to hurt you..I just want to talk" the man said. I looked to him in a suspicious way. I grabbed some clothes and quickly went to the bathroom to get dressed. 

"Who are you.." I asked still ready to attack if he would try something. 

"My name is Marcel and I'm here to talk about Klaus" "of course.. Klaus" I rolled my eyes. "So the thing is.. I am the reason that  you're dreaming about Klaus" he said, just like that, like it wasn't a big deal. "What" I said angrily. "How.. and why??" I asked. 

"A witch and uh why.. I just thought it would be funny" He simply said I saw the he was amused. "This..is funny to you" I said narrowing my eyes at him. "Please just leave" I asked, I tried to stay calm since I had been angry all day. 

"What now..." I said out loud "I don't know what to do.." "great now I'm talking to myself" "great, just amazing". "You know what, fuck it, it's not like I can make it any worse" 

I left the hotel room and started walking to Klaus's house. Meanwhile I was thinking about what I should say. 

I closed my eyes and took a big breath before I went inside. I saw Elijah, Rebekah and Freya but no Klaus. "Where is he?" I asked. They all looked at my confused. "He is in his room" Elijah told me where his room was. 

I was standing in front of his door. After 2 minutes I finally got the courage to knock. 

"I'm in no mood for company, do not come inside, leave" He said. despite what he just said I still opened the door. He was sitting in his chair, I couldn't see his face. "What did I say?" he shouted. Then he turned around and he saw it was me "Caroline..". 

"Marcel told me the truth" I looked at my feet, I just couldn't look at his face "I-I'm sorry for accusing you..". I was scared to look at him so I kept looking at my feet, it was getting so hot, it felt like I was burning. There was a silence. "And I'm sorry about what I said.." I looked at him because I wanted to see his reaction. "I can be an idiot sometimes" he smiled. I knew that he knew, I wasn't talking about that. 

"I actually meant.. I mean.. I-I want you to know that I don't hate you.." I looked back at my feet. There was a silence, suddenly he was standing right in front of me with his hands on my shoulders. I still couldn't look at him but he pulled my head up with his right hand what forced me to look in right his eyes. "I know now" he said. I came closer to him, I looked at his lips and then back at his eyes. I came even closer and right before our lips could touch, I backed away. 

"I'm sorry" I left. 

My face was completely red when I came out of his room. "I guess I could make it worse" I thought. I went back downstairs and I hoped nobody would be there. But since this wasn't really my lucky day, they were all still there.