"I guess," she pulls her jacket closer around her. "Anyway, do you want to leave? We can go somewhere else if you want?"

"Sure."

Finally, he gets to have her alone with him...

----------------------------------------

"You're kidding right? How can you not have Benny's Pizza phone number on your phone?!" Ella retorts from the living room.

"I never thought I needed to." Niall grabs two sodas from the fridge. "Is it awesome or what?"

"Yes! Dear lord, where have you been?" she shakes her head in disapproval. "You need to have important numbers in here. And Benny's is one of them."

He walks over to the sofa and sits by her. "Okay, okay. Order what you want. My card."

He hands her the soda and she takes it as she dials the number. Putting the phone against her ear, she takes a sip. Niall can't help but look at her face. Her eyelashes brush against her cheeks when she looks down. Her brown hair is pulled off to the side to reveal the small tattoo, a bird, on her right shoulder. He notices small freckles on her nose and cheeks.

"Yeah! Thanks Benny! Okay, bye!" she hangs up and looks at Niall. He didn't even realize she was ordering...

"It'll be 30 minutes. What shall we do til then?" she asks and leans back against the sofa.

"I don't know," he says and sets his soda on the coffee table.

"Oh! I forgot to ask you at the pub, how was your week?" she turns her body slightly towards him.

"It was okay. I did a lot of writing. It was fun though," he says. "Ed called and said we're getting back to work next week."

"Really? That's nice though, I know how much you love writing music," she replies. "So, have you talked to Louis?"

"Yeah, we had a couple of meetings about upcoming events. I have to go in about a month to America for some photoshoot and interview for Jimmy Fallon. Also, other events but they are closer," he puts his legs on the table and stretches. "Do you want to go with me when I leave for America?"

Her eyes go wide. "Yeah! I would love to. If work permits me."

He smiles and digs his hands into his pant's pockets. "Sweet. I hate traveling alone honestly. No one to talk with or hang out! So it'd be nice to have you along."

"It's because I'm awesome and hilarious, huh?" she says sarcastically. "Am I right?"

"Hah! Sure Ella, sure! Whatever floats your boat!" he chuckles, throwing his head back.

Ella giggles. "So, did you miss my awesome, hilarious personality?"

"Ohhh, very much so. I almost cried myself to sleep every night," he teases. "I almost had a mental breakdown."

"You jerk!" she says smacking him on the head. "Jesus Christ, you're so dramatic. Worse than a girl!"

"Heeeyy," he says. "I'm not worse than a girl!"

"Oh, I beg to differ." She grabs his hand. "No, but seriously, did you?"

Niall looks at her and shrugs. "Yeah. I had to make up my own jokes to laugh at."

"Niall!" she says, giving him another smack on the head. "I swear, you're such an arse!"

"But you still enjoy my company," he says, grinning.

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "Well, I missed you. But I'm starting to regret that now."

He laughs and grabs her elbows. "C'mon Ella, I was just kidding! Of course I missed you silly."

She sticks her tongue out. "Yeah, that's what I thought." She scoots closer to him and leans against his side. "But you're still a jerk sometimes."

"I'm a guy, what do you expect?" he says and kisses her nose. She wrinkles her nose and makes a 'ew' noise.

So cute...

-------------

"So, did you and Dean date before?" Niall asks as they play tic-tac-toe on the pizza box.

Ella raises an eyebrow. "Um, no. Why?"

"Just curious," he lies and puts an O above her X.

"He's just a really good friend," she reassures him. She puts her X down and smiles. "I win."

Niall groans and throws his pencil down. "I suck at games!"

She laughs and pats his shoulder. "It's okay. You'll win eventually. Can you take me home? It's late and I got work tomorrow."

"Yeah no problem." Niall grabs his keys from his bowl on the coffee table and waits for Ella to grab her things.

------------------

"Do you want to go out for...dinner tomorrow?" Niall asks as they walk up the stairs.

She turns her head and looks at him. "As an actual date?"

"Yeah, it'd be nice to just have fun without the need to act." He pulls on his hoodie tighter around him.

"That'd be really nice," she says and unlocks the door. She turns around to face him and smiles. "I'd love to go on a date."

He smiles shyly and shrugs. "I'll pick you after work. Say..7:00pm?"

"Yeah, gives me time to clean myself up a bit." She rests her palms against his biceps. "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yes, yes you will. No need to dress fancy okay?"

She laughs and squeezes his biceps. "I'll try." Ella kisses his cheek quickly. "Good night Niall."

Niall sighs mentally and closes his eyes when her lips made contact with his cold skin. "Good night Ella."

--------------