Gonna Get You Back

Depuis le début

"You think I don't know that? I didn't think I would ever see her again so I let my feelings for her build up. But now she's here and I'm all types of messed up" I admit.

"Is this the same girl you keep a picture up in the locker room" he asks. The same picture she gave me at Christmas five years ago.

"Yeah" I admit.

"I thought you said she was just a friend" he crosses his arm.

"I lied" I shrug.

"So you're in love with this girl who you thought you would never see again but is still with Nicole" he clarifies.

"Yup."

"So what are you going to do?"

"Go crazy" I shrug and he laughs. She returns and it took everything in me not to wrap my arm around her. Kiss her perfect lips and tell her how much I've needed her all these years.

We all hang around until she had to go get ready for semis and Patrick and I head over there to watch.

"She is something else" he admits.

"I know. I'm not sure what to do because I love Nicole too" I admit.

"Do you" he asks.

"Yeah" I insist. He looks at me like he doesn't believe me but he lets it go.

"Well you'll figure it out" he claims. So helpful.

Eventually everyone meets up and we find our seats. We watch the other performers but they just don't compare to her. I sit next to Nicole as she sits there with her arms crossed. Usually I find it attractive when she pouts, but now it's just not the same.

Finally Cassidy comes out and a majority of the people raise to their feet. It was must watch entertainment really. Her icy blue eyes find mine and I smile brightly at her. She strikes the pose and the music starts.

"So scared of breaking it
That you won't let it bend
And I wrote two hundred letters
I will never send
Sometimes these cuts are so much
Deeper then they seem
You'd rather cover up
I'd rather let them bleed
So let me be
And I'll set you free

I am in misery
And there ain't nobody
Who can comfort me
Why won't you answer me?
The silence is slowly killing me
Girl you really got me bad
You really got me bad
And I'm gonna get you back
Gonna get you back."

Just like way back she was killing it. The whole Fire persona only bigger and better. Her tricks were harder and skills are crisper. She was the perfect combination of elegance and fierceness. I feel Nicole's eyes burn through me as my eyes refuse to leave Cassidy. But I couldn't help it. I didn't want to hurt Nicole, she really wasn't that bad. But she knew how I really felt, or least had a idea.

"You say your faith is shaken
You may be mistaken
You keep me wide awake and
Waiting for the sun
I'm desperate and confused
So far away from you
I'm getting there
Don't care where I have to go

Why do you do what you do to me
Why won't you answer me, answer me
Why do you do what you do to me
Why won't you answer me, answer me, yeah

I am in misery
There ain't nobody
Who can comfort me
Why won't you answer me?
Your silence is slowly killing me
Girl you really got me bad
You really got me bad
I'm gonna get you back
Gonna get you back

Girl you really got me bad
You really got me bad
I'm gonna get you back
Gonna get you back."

She finishes and the place sounded like the UC. You would have thought someone was fighting out on the ice. She skates off and her scores come in. She gets a 95 and is once again in first place heading into the finals tomorrow. The media was just eating it all up, she was the main event at these Olympics and rightfully so. She was amazing. She was great with interviews and always said the right thing. Everyone loved her, but some (me) more than other.

We go out to celebrate afterwards and sit around a dinner table. Patrick sat next to me and Cassidy was on the other side of him then Nicole sat on the other side of me. Patrick and Cassidy seemed to hit it off which made me happy and sick to my stomach all at the same time. Nicole sits there under my arm, I didn't want to in front of Cassidy but I didn't want her to be upset either, and we all enjoy dinner.

"I know I've said this a million times, but you are so impressive" my dad says to Cassidy.

"Thank you. I've been saving this one dance for if I made it to the finals and I can't wait to compete it" she smiles.

"I can't wait to see it" Patrick says and I pinch his leg.

"Excuse me, I need to use the restroom" Cassidy announces. She gets up and the table falls silent. We all look around as the nervous tension builds. We all knew what was happening but no one wanted to say it.

"Well I for one am very excited to have Cassidy back in our lives" my mom starts and I groan internally. She never liked Nicole. She didn't like any girl who wasn't Cassidy actually. But she really disliked Nicole. And now that she's back I know she's going to push this hard. "What about you Jon? Are you happy to see her" she asks and I glare at her. She knows I can't lie to her.

"I mean... yeah. Of course I am. I've been waiting years to see her again. She was my best friend for the longest time. She is a big reason I am who I am. I wouldn't be here if she didn't push me to be my best at a young age and push me to go away to get better. Leaving her was the hardest thing I've ever done and not knowing if we would ever find each other again, it broken my heart. She was my first love and nothing can change that. I loved seeing her again" I say and my mom smiles big.

"I think I'm going to go to bed" a shaky voice says and I turn around to see Cassidy standing behind me. She stares at the floor with tears in her eyes. Damn... I think she heard all of that.

"Wait" I say but she turns away.

"I'm going to bed too" Nicole announces harshly getting out of my lap and storming off.

"Seriously mom" I ask.

"Those were your words son, not mine" she reminds me. Now I had two choices. To chase after my present, or chase after my past.