Chapter 43

I move from the mattress and grab my shit for the day. "Bettyyyyyyyyyy," I say as she sits up.

"What?" She asks.

"I loooveeee yoooou," I say earning an eye roll from her.

"Get ready," She says. I stick my tongue out and walk down to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and strip down and climb in turning the water on. 

"Y/n!" I hear from behind the door.

"Whattt?" I whine.

"I need to get in there," Polly says.

"I will let you in when I am done," I say. I groan as I quickly finish my shower. I climb out and pull in the black skinny jeans and large gray sweater. I brush my hair then my teeth and put on deodorant and perfume. I grab my stuff and unlock the door. "Here you go Polly," I say as I walk past her to Betty's room. Betty and Alice were sitting on her bed hugging and crying. "Oh shit," I say I grab my makeup bag and backpack, "I'll leave you guys alone."

"No Y/n its fine," Betty says.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Yeah," She says.

"So everything okay with you guys?" I ask moving over to the vanity to do my makeup.

"Better than normal," Betty says.

"Yeah," Alice says.

"Good," I say.

"I'm going to head downstairs," Alice says, "you two hurry up so you aren't late."

"Sure," I say, "but I would rather not look dead- well more dead than usual."

"Will be done in a minute," Betty says. Alice nods and walks off leaving Betty and I in her room.

"What was that about?" I ask.

"I have a secret brother," She says.

"What?" I ask.

"The fight FP was talking about my parents fighting," she says, "the fight was because she was pregnant and they disagreed about how to handle the situation. So she went to sisters of mercy. Had the baby and then put it up for adoption."

"Holy fuck," I say, "wow I'm not the only one with teen pregnancy running in the family."

"It's not genetic," She says.

"Whatever," I say, "but when you get pregnant-"

"Omg Y/n no," Betty says.

"I'm just saying Betty," I say, "you might end up like both of them."

"What about you?" She asks, "your mom was pregnant the same time as my mom."

"I have decided on a life of abstinence," I say.

"You? Really? Abstinence?" Betty mocks.

"Listen here blondie," I say, "I'm not a whore."

"I never said you were," She says.

"You were thinking it," I say as I finish off my makeup.

*********

"The craziest thing is, I have a secret brother out there in the world," Betty says standing in front of Archie, V, and I.

"It's positively Dickensian," V says, "I love a long-lost brother. How old would he be?"

"-Mid-twenties," Betty says.

"Oh, my God. A blond Adonis, no doubt," V says. My phone rings in my pocket and I pull it out. I check and see Jughead's contact.

"Hey, where are you?" I ask him jumping up from the couch.