Chapter 9

I sit beside the vending machine with Jug boredly sketching as the conversation around us heats up. We half listen not wanting to get involved but also curious of what's going on.

"And Sheriff Keller's grilling me, Mantle the Magnificent. Cause I'd want Blossom dead. When he was, like, the only good quarterback we had," Reggie says smirking harshly, "And speaking of offensive tight-ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose. Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?"

"Reggie's just being a blowhard, Kev," Betty says in an attempt to cheer him up. Hoping to keep tensions mostly down.

"I don't care what he says," Kev says already over the situation.

"I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right? Now let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid? Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, like Jughead?" Reggie says catching the attention of me and the boy at side. I look over to Jughead his usual uninterested look covers his face. "What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like After?"

"It's called necrophilia," Jug says harshly, "Reggie, can you spell it?"

"Come here, you little," Reggie says jumping up towards Jughead I jump up too. Both of us making a point to show we'd start something. I could kill Reggie. I soooo could. I mean I've been itching to start something with him since I got back.

"Hey shut the hell up, Reggie," Archie says pushing Reggie back from us.

"Boys," Veronica says from an arm of a chair.

"Jug," I hiss from behind him.

"What do you care, Andrews?" Reggie teases the ginger.

"Nothing, just leave him alone," Archie snaps back. I glare at the boy as he looks between the three of us.

"Holy crap, Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together? Was it some sort of pervy, blood brother thing?" Reggie says. Archie shoves Reggie and Reggie shoves him into the vending machine. Shattering the glass at once. Suddenly the room is screaming.

"Hey!" Jughead screams trying to pull Reggie off Archie. Reggie takes Archie to the ground and Moose attempts to pull Jughead off Archie. Its a complete mess. In the end, Archie was knocked out by a harsh hit from Reggie. Moose let go of Jug and helps Reggie up. "Don't do anything," Jug says. I roll my eyes deciding against it. I walk towards Reggie who was now talking to his group of friends anger radiating off of me.

"Hey Reggie," I call he turns around and without a second to spare I swing punching him right in the face. He moves back in pain as I glare into his soul. "Don't fuck with my friends. You know the rules." He mumbles something about how 'I'm so lucky I'm a girl' as he holds his face in pain.

"Y/n," Juggy calls grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Reggie before I can do anything else. I scoff harshly at the action.

"Let me kick his ass!" I say angrily. Reggie and his goons exit the student lounge hoping to escape the trouble they would be in. No matter who swung the first punch someone still shattered the vending machine and those aren't cheap by any means.

"How about we get Archie to the nurse instead?" He says trying to talk me out of pursing them to start a fight. I sigh as I pull away from him shaking my wrist in pain. It stings harshly from the force of Reggie's stupid face.

"Shit, that hurt a whole lot less when we were 11," I say in pain.

"Didn't fight much when you left?" He says helping Archie to his feet. I move taking Archie's other side.