Chapter 31

"Listen up, party people," Cheryl yells getting my attention from the mess of people in the living room. "Everyone has their secrets. And we've all done our fair share of sinning. That's one thing my dear brother's death has revealed. So let's play a little game to get those secrets out in the open." She ushers us into the living room and we pull up chairs. I lean against the wall by Betty staring down at the ground.

"What the hell is Secrets and Sins?" Jug asks.

"It's a variation on Truth or Dare. In which we own our truths. By telling it like it is," Cheryl, "I'll start the game with Veronica Lodge."

"Naturally," V says.

"Let's begin with the day you and your mob wife of a mother came to town for a so-called 'fresh start.' Tell us, Veronica, what's so fresh about defiling Archie Andrews in a closet?" Cheryl asks.

"That was your doing," V says.

"Moving on to dear Daddy Lodge Isn't it true that your father, from prison, illegally purchased the drive-in land? Which makes me wonder. What else is he doing from behind bars?" Cheryl says.

"Well, I can't speak for my father, but I can think of someone with a very dirty secret," V says. "Specifically, Cheryl killing her very own brother."

"Everyone knows how much I loved my brother," Cheryl says.

"Exactly," V says, "But did you love him maybe in ways that a sister shouldn't love a brother? And as you got older, Jason started to think it was strange, unnatural. So he chose Polly over you. So you shot him between the eyes with one of your father's many hunting rifles."

"This game is sick," Diltion says standing up, "I wanna go next." "That's the spirit, Doiley," Chuck says, "What secrets do you have to reveal to us?"

"I saw Ms. Grundy's car by Sweetwater River, the day Jason went missing. I told Betty, Y/n, and Jughead, and then, Ms. Grundy quit her job and left Riverdale, like, two days later. And let's not forget that Archie was also at the Sweetwater that morning."

"Diltion do you want me to kick your ass in front of all these people?" I hiss.

"Oh, my God, color me shocked, Archie Andrews. Is that why you became a mediocre musician overnight? Because you and Ms. Foureyes were pulling a Mary Kay Letourneau?" Cheryl says.

"Don't say anything, Archie. Don't get in the gutter with them," V says.

"Wait, what? Andrews was banging a teacher? Well, damn, I wish I would have known.I would've added you and Ms. Grundy to the board of conquests," Chuck says.

"Classy, Chuck, as always," V says. 

"Wait a second, that also explains why Archie can't seem to keep a girlfriend to save his life.He's got serious Mommy issues. Anything to say for yourself, Arch? Were you victim or perpetrator?" Cheryl asks.

"Dilton Doiley plays with guns," Betty says.

"Big whoop, Betty. So Doiley's a psychopath, everyone knows that" She says.

"Well, I guess it's my turn now. Boy, do I have a twisted secret to reveal. Starring Betty Cooper" He says. 

Leave her the hell alone, Chuck," Archie says.

 "Shut up, Andrews," Chuck says, "Look, you may get a free peep show every night, but you do not know her. Hell, Betty doesn't even know herself. Everybody knows why I got suspended. But what you don't know She dressed up like a hooker, in a God-awful black wig, drugged me, handcuffed me in the Jacuzzi, and I almost drowned until she got me to say what she wanted to hear. And then she really lost it. She actually thought she was Polly."