Chapter 30

"Pop still nothing I can do?" I ask.

     "You can work for a couple hours today," He says, "I'll pay you $50."

    "Oh my god thank you," I say pulling him into a hug.

    "Here," He hands me a uniform. "Go change."

     "Thanks, Pops," I say. I grab the uniform and walk into the bathroom and change into it. I throw my clothes into my bag and pull out my phone. I walk back out to the counter and sit my bag behind it. I do what I watch Pop and other waiters do every day. After about two hours I hear the bell ding. I look up from the table I was at and see Betty and Archie. "Shit shit shit shit," I say as I move to the counter. I duck behind it and sigh. 

 "Y/n can you get the new table?" Pop asks.

"Dammit," I say. I get up and walk to Betty and Archie. 

"Y/n?" Archie asks.

"You work here?" Betty asks.

"Just filling in for someone," I say, "I have a really awesome gift I want to get Jug but I'm short a little bit."

 "Awe that's sweet," Betty says.

"Yeah but I've been doing a bunch of odd jobs to afford it and its a pain in the ass," I say, "but I love him so it's worth it."

"You guys are great," Arch says.

"So what do you guys want?" I ask.

"Classic Vanilla Shake," Betty says.

"Obviously," I say, "Arch?"

"Um fries and a Cola," He says.

"Alright I'll be back with that," I say. They smile and I walk over to Pop and tell him the order. After he hands me the food I walk back to their table. "So what are you two doing?" I ask.

"Planning Jug's party," Archie says.

"And I'm out," I say.

"Wait," Betty says, "we need you to leave with him after the first movie at the Bijou. Bring him to Archie's house after."

"Sure," I say.

"Really?" She asks.

"Are you gonna bug me until I say yes if I say no?" I ask.

"Yes," She says.

"Then I might as well," I say.

***** 

   "I love this place," I say was Jug puts his arm around me. 

 "You always did," He says.

"It was like the drive in," I say, "a nice little escape from the world."

"So Kevin was telling me that Betty and Chuck had a scene in the cafeteria yesterday," He says, "is this about the revenge thing?"

"Yes," I say.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He asks.

"Girl code says no," I say.

"'Girl Code?'" He asks.

"Yeah," I say, "Jug, it's Betty's call. It's her drama."

"If there is anything with you will you tell me?" He asks.

"I will Juggie," I say.

"That's all that matters to me," He says.

"You are amazing," I say, "I don't deserve you."