Chapter 5

A loud alarm blares from the side of my bed jolting me from the deep sleep. The sound of the alarm is antagonizing to say the least. I groan escapes my lips as I stretch to press snooze then roll back over into the warm blankets. "Y/n come on you have to get up!" Jugs voice calls from the Kitchen. I decide against my better judgement that i should ignore him and try to fall asleep. So as I finally start to doze off the warm blankets that were wrapped around me suddenly disappear. My eyes open to see Jug at the end of my bed holding my blankets in his arms with a stern look. "Y/n get up," Jug says sternly. I roll my eyes and sit up. I stretch hearing a collection of joints pop as he watches to make sure I don't crawl back into bed.

"I hate you," I say in slightly anger knowing there is no way I can get back to sleep now. He smirks.

"You love me," he says. I roll my eyes at the statement.

"I tolerate you," I correct. He takes this as a challenge and decides to jump down beside me on the bed. I take the chance and reach towards him ripping off his patented crown beanie.

"Now I hate you," he says to me. It's not serious and I'm the only one he'd ever let take this from him. If any one else tried he wouldn't stand for it. Yet here he is letting me twirl it around my fingers without so much as trying to snatch it away.

"You aren't capable of hating me," I say to him as I finally hand over the beanie.

"Maybe," he says leaving the thought there. It seems as if he has more to say but obviously he's avoiding it. I decide to let it go. My eyes glance at the clock and I realize that I really should start getting ready.

"Now leave I must change," I say to him.

"Fine," he says getting up. He starts to linger but I wave him off. He turns leaving the room at once. I move toward the door shutting and locking it behind him. With that i do a usual morning routine of changing and fixing my hair and makeup. All to look as what one would say presentable or at least comfortable showing my face. With that i collect my things and leave the bedroom for the kitchen grabbing a bagel then making my way into the living room where Jug is. I shove the bagel in my mouth holding onto it as I wrestle with my bag and my shoes to get them on without dropping anything. Jug upon seeing this simple laughs. I move beside him and punch his arm hoping to show him a listen about laughing at me.

"Don't be a dick," I hiss through the bagel as I pull on my shoes.

"I would be more offended if I could actually understand you," he says in a cocky tone. I scoff through the bagel at the attitude then with my now free hand pull the bagel from my mouth.

"I will punch you in the face," I say harshly. He chuckles knowing I'd do no such thing then hands me my beanie. "Thanks." I yank the beanie on then stand looking at him with a slightly nervous look. "How do I look?" He looks me up and down for a couple seconds. Then settles on his answer.

"Better than the likes of Cheryl," he says, "or any other rich asshole we go to school with."

"I'm taking that as a compliment," I say to him as I double check everything.

"That's what it was," he says chuckling at the statement, "well we should head out if we don't want to be late."

  "Right," I say to him

With that we start our walk to Riverdale High.
****

As we step onto school grounds the laughter from our previous conversation stops. Instead a sense of dread fills me. "We have a chance to run away," I say, "they won't notice us missing. I mean two loners who barely stop to look at everyone else. Who will notice that we are gone."