Chapter 39

I woke to loud crashes downstairs. "Y/n do you hear that?" Betty asks.

"Yes, and I hope it's a murder here to kill us, because I want to die," I say.

"Come on let's go see what it is," She says.

"Betty this is why so many blondes die in horror movies," I say.

"Get up," She says pulling the blankets off of me, "come with me." I get up and sigh.

"If I die, tell Jughead that I died because you are a dumb ho," I say to her.

"Stop," She says leading us down the steps. We see Alice and I jump."Did you hear that?" 

"Shush!" She whispers holding up a gun.

"Alice has a gun," I whisper in horror.

"Mom, what are you doing with that?" Betty asks.

"Get behind me. Be ready to dial 911," Alice says leading us downstairs. We get down and see a dark figure digging around in the desk. "Don't move," She says as she cocks the gun, "Hands where I can see them." The figure puts their hands up and turns around.

"Don't shoot, Alice," Hal says.

"Dad!" Betty says.

"Hal!" She says. He sighs and lifts up the folder and sits it on the table. Betty turns on the light and we sit down.

 "These are Sheriff Keller's files about the Blossom murder investigation," He says.

  "How did you get these, Dad?" Betty asks.

"I broke into his house the night of the last drive-in, and I took them," He says.

"Well, that's impossible. FP Jones already confessed to that," Alice says.

"Well, I have no idea why he would do that because it was me. That's why I'm here. To destroy any evidence that could lead back to me," Hal says.

"Wait, that doesn't make any sense. Why would FP fess up to something he didn't even do?" Betty asks.

"Yeah, I'm not thinking about FP right now. I'd like to know why your father is stealing and destroying evidence in a murder investigation," Alice says.

"This story is getting deep," I say.

"Look, I was worried that the investigation would get back to Polly, somehow. To us. And somehow Sheriff Keller would figure out the connection between our family and the Blossoms. And he would think that there was some kind of motive," He says.

"Wait, you mean about Great-Grandpappy Cooper being murdered by a Blossom?" Betty asks.

"Wait your grandpa was murdered by a blossom?" I ask.

"Kinda. Betty, your great-grandfather wasn't just murdered by a Blossom. He was a Blossom," Hal says, "After the murder, our family severed ties with the Blossoms and their name, and we took a new one. Cooper."

"I'm A Blossom?" She says.

"Ewwwwwwwwwww," I squeal.

"Polly is a Blossom, which makes her and Jason relatives by blood. Which is why you wanted to-," Alice says.

"Oh my god incest babies," I say.

"Yeah. Alice, that's why" He says.

"Oh, my God, Hal. If you're willing to send our daughter away to keep her away from Jason-" Alice says.

"How far would the Blossoms go to keep them apart?" Betty asks.

"We need to get Polly out of that house," Alice says.