Chapter 20

"That was heavy shit," I say to Jug as we took our familiar spot on my couch. Him sitting down playing with my hair while I lay on his lap. 

    "Yeah I know," He says, "you shouldn't have tried to fight with that guy."

    "He slammed you against the wall," I say, "I had to."

   "You could have gotten hurt," He says.

   "That doesn't matter to me," I say, "what matters is that he could have hurt you."

    "N/n," He pleads.

    "Fine," I say, "I'll be more careful."

   "You better," He says. I look up at him. His green eyes, his raven curls, he is gorgeous. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

   "I'm sorry," I say, "you are just amazing." He rolls his eyes.

   "Sure," He says.

  "You are," I say, "You are stunning Jughead Jones."

"You are blind," He says. 

"No, you are," I say, "too bad you can't see yourself how I see you."

"Really?" He asks.

"Really Juggie you are one of a kind," I say. I lean up to connect my lips with his. "You're a special one Jughead Jones," I say. "But can we talk abo-" I say as His phone starts to buzz and I hand it to him. 

"It's Betty," He says, "she wants me to go over there."

"It's fine Juggie," I say, "go I'm gonna go hang out with Kev."

"Alright, I'll see you," He says. I sit up and he grabs his jacket and leaves. I pull my phone from my pocket and pull up Kevin's number. 

"Hey dude," I say.

"God you sound so butch," He says.

"Can we talk?" I ask him.

"Obviously," He says, "I'm at the school though."

"Find an empty room," I say, "please?"

"Sure," He says, I hear he move around until he sighs, "found one."

"I kissed Jug again," I say, "not those bullshit pecks, but a real one."

"Finally our little Y/n made a move," He says.

"I tried to ask him about us but Betty texted him and he left to go see her," I say.

"You have to talk to him about it," He says.

"I know," I say. My phone starts to buzz. "Give me a sec Kev." I pull the phone away from my ear to see Jugheads caller ID. "I'll call you back Kev, I have to go but good luck tonight."

"Y/n we need you to come here with your truck," Jug says.

"Why what's wrong?" I ask.

"We need to prove Polly wasn't lying," He says.

******

 I whip my car by the curb of Betty's house. I honk and the two come running out. "What the hell is going on?!" I ask as they climb into the truck.

 "Polly told me about a car,  her and Jason's getaway car, we have to find her so we can prove her story," Betty says.

"Slow down," I say to her. 

"Go to the old maple sign," Betty says, "a little past there and we should find it."

"Okay okay," I say. 

******

 I park the truck and we climb out and turn our flashlights on. We walk around until we see a gray tarp. We run over and Jug lifts the corner up. A headlight. We run to the back of the car and pull up the tarp. Jug and Betty lift open the trunk and Jug put the thing to hold it open. I start digging around Jug pulls the jacket over revealing Jason's name. 

"What are those?" Betty says.  Jughead pulls out packages of drugs.

"Drugs, Betty," He says.

"Wait! Jughead put it down! This is evidence. This is all evidence," Betty says.

"Holy shit," I say backing away.

"Crap this whole car is a crime scene," He says, he pulls out his phone and took a picture of the trunk.

"Okay. We need to get Sheriff Keller and then we need to get Polly," Betty says.

"Shit our fingerprints are all over this," I say.

"We need to go Y/n," Betty says.

"Alright," I say running towards my truck. The get in and slam the door and I speed towards the school. 

 "Mr. Keller, you are at the Variety show right?" Betty says on the phone. "Well stay there we need to talk to you. It is important." She hangs up and huffs.

"Betty I swear to fucking god if we get arrested I might fucking kill you," I say.

"We will be fine," She says.

"You will be fine," I correct her, "your parents will protect you. I would get prosecuted so fucking fast."

"We'll be fine," Juggie says, "I'll make sure of it," I sigh and speed up. "Your driving might get you a ticket."

"I'm sorry that I snapped Betty," I say, "I'm just afraid."

"It's fine Y/n, everything will be okay," Betty says. I harshly park the car and jump out.

"You have a license how?" Jug asks.

"Who said I have a license?" I ask jokingly. His eyes grow wide and I hit his arm. "I have a license." 

"Sure," He says. We run the school until we see Sheriff Keller.

"Sheriff Keller," Betty yells.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Look," Betty says showing him the picture of the trunk, "it's Jason's jacket."

"Where'd you get that?" He asks.

"In the trunk of a car with a bunch of his other stuff. Jason was planning to run away with Polly," Betty says.

"Where's this car?" He asks. Jug sighs and we run back outside.

"Route 40 near the old maple sign," I say once we get outside, "Jug get in the truck, Betty lets go!" She runs towards us and climbs in the truck.

"Let's go get Polly," Betty says. I rush to get us there. Breaking the speed limit and many other driving laws. Once we get inside it was a blur. Running down the hall, guards chasing along the maze of narrow paths. Only to reach Polly's room to see a bloody broken window. She was gone and hurt.