Chapter 21

<Jughead's POV>

I heard the harsh ringing of my alarm. Snapping me from my dreams. I check my phone alarm and sigh. I get up from the hard cot and grab my things to shower. I hop in one of the school's showers. It wasn't a nice one or even a decent one. But I was staying here in secret so I couldn't complain. And I was homeless so at least it is a shower. I step out and wrap a towel around my waist and brush my teeth at the sink. I bend over the sink to spit and lean back up seeing Archie in the mirror. "Woah," I say grabbing my chest.

"What are you doing here?" Archie asks.

"Taking advantage of the school's state of the art facilities," Jug says.

"No really Jughead what are you doing here?" Archie asks again. I huff and grab my clothes.

"Give me a minute," I say. I walk back into a stall and pull on my clothes and beanie. I walk from the stall and look at Archie. "Follow me." He nods and I lead him to the janitors closet. I open the door and show him.

  "How long?" Archie asks.

   "Well, since they shut down the drive-in. That's where I was living before," I say.

  "Why the hell are you not living at home?" Archie asks.

"The truth is, things aren't good at home," I say.

  "With your dad?" Archie asks.

 "Yeah. He kind of fell off the wagon after your dad fired him. To tell you the truth he hasn't had a job since. He keeps promising that he's gonna get his act together, but my mom couldn't take that rollercoaster anymore. So she grabbed Jellybean and went to live with our grandparents." I say. The bell chimes around us. "Come on," I say to Archie. He walks out of the closet and I shut the door.

"God, Jug why didn't you tell me?" Archie asks, "And where does your dad think you are?"

"He thinks I'm couch surfing," Jug says.

"Well screw that, live with me," Archie says. I stop him.

"This is temporary, man," I say, "I'm going to figure something out. Just don't tell anybody. Especially not Y/n."

"Y/n?" he asks, "you're her best friend she won't care. If anyone's gonna be a snob about it, maybe Veronica."

"Right well exactly," I say, "don't tell her either."

"Don't tell who what?" I hear I turn around to see Y/n.

"Nothing," I say.

"Oh Archie good job at the Variety show," She says, "I saw Veronica's recording. I'm really sorry I missed it."

"It's fine," He says, "I'll see you guys later."

"Bye Arch," She says.

"Later Archie," I say.

<Your POV>

"So who are you not telling something too?" I ask Jughead as we walk down the hall to my locker.

"It's nothing," He says. I open my locker and pull out my textbook and slam the locker shut. I turn to look at him.

"You're lying to me," I say, "what's up."

"Nothing," He says. I cup his cheek and shake my head.

"Something is wrong," I say. He grabs my hand from his cheek and holds it in his.

"I promise everything is fine," He says.

"Alright," I say. I take his hand and grip it firmly, "let's go to the student lounge."